3.4

One year ago

"Yes okay,  I get it." I said into the phone as I layed down on my bed.

"I'm sorry I feel really bad about all of this." Daniel said in a sad tone.

Daniel went back to Portland to go celebrate 4th of July with his family and old town friends. He left on the first and was planning on coming back on the 8th, but his flight got cancelled and he won't be back until tomorrow night.

"I know but it's nothing to worry about right now." I said as I got under the covers.

"Seems like my girlfriend doesn't wanna see me." He said blankly.

"That is not true, if I were to complain it would only cause you to become more upset and I don't want that for you." I said as I got a bit hurt by his words.

There was a pause before he answered, "I know you're right, I'm sorry. It's just been more then a week and I miss you and the boys, but mostly you." He said as I could hear him pouting into the phone.

"I know Dani, we all miss you too. But let's try to focus on the good. You get a whole nother day to spend with your family, I know I would love that if I got the opportunity."

"Yeah that's true, Thank you for that."

"Yes it is, now call me later tonight when everyone else is parting ways because I don't want to continue to cut into your time right now." I said as I knew it was still noon for him.

"Okay, I'll call around 8 in your time."

"Okay my love, I'll talk to you soon." I said with a smile.

"O-ok, bye."

I hung up and then it hit me, I called him my love. I know that isn't saying I love you but stilll, it felt big. We haven't said it in our actual relationship which is weird and sometimes awkward. Because even a whole month before dating we said we loved each other, but that was also when I thought I was actually gonna die.

"JACKKKK!" I yelled from my bed.

I began to hear heavy footsteps, running down the stairs and my door whipped open as Jack had a worried look on his face. "What's wrong!" He asked. His face then relaxed and he walked fully into my room, "damn I thought you hurt yourself, don't do that." Jack said as he put a hand to his heart. "What's up then?"

I rubber my face and began to talk fast, "ughh I might of sort of called Daniel "my love" which I know isn't the same as saying I love you but it was still a big thing I guess because daniel started to stutter which meant he realized what I said and I didn't mean to say it because it just came out and I-"

"Leigh woah slow down." He told me as he put a hand on my shoulder.

I took a deep breath in and relaxed.

"So did you actually mean it?" He said as he looked in my eyes.

"Of course I did but it wasn't at a special time and I just randomly blurted it out. And now I have to call him later tonight!" I said as I already forgot about that part.

"Well everyone, including you two, both know how you guys feel about each other so maybe the actual "I love you" will be at a better time. And it sounded like you already forgot about the call, is your memory getting worse now?" Jack said as he became worried.