3.6

*WARNING* For the next couple of chapters, this book will use strong language, have sexual scenes, usage of drugs, and other strong parts

The next day I woke up around nine in the morning, already feeling sad because this usually the way I wake up but I should get used to it I guess. Since the fight I didn't talk to anyone except Zach, and to be honest it felt great. He was there for me and spent his time to make sure I was good, which is really thoughtful.

I got up and out of bed, grabbing my phone and heading to my bathroom. I texted Zach to see if he wanted to do anything today since it's been awhile since we have just hung out together.

Me-have any plans for today ?

Zach Heroin-if it means i get to hang with you, then i'm free

Me-okay good, be ready in thirty ? Can you do that ?

Zach Heroin-yeah for sure

I put my phone back down and went to my closet, I grabbed an oversized Metallica black shirt and a pair of jean shorts. I changed into the outfit and went to put on one of my chains I bought a while back. I put on a basic pair of earrings and then went to go do my hair, there wasn't a lot to do since it was basically already straight. Once I finished I put on some mascara and highlight, and then I heard the front door open. I sat on the edge of my bed and slipped on my Off-White shoes Corbyn bought me a year ago, and that's when I looked at my rings.

My promise ring with Daniel and my matching Gucci ring with Jack.

I then reached up to my neck and felt the lock necklace that both and Daniel have also. Three main things that I have never taken off.

"Yo," I heard Zach say as he knocked on my door and opened it a little bit, peeking his head in.

"C-come in."

He walked in and closed the door, coming over to me. "What's wrong?"

He then proceeded to look at my rings and then up at my necklace, and he just answered his own question. I have never felt this way towards the objects, a part of me wanted to take it off, but another part of me didn't ever want to. 

"Hey hey hey, it's okay." Zach said as he grabbed my hand and sat next to me. "Let's just keep them on for now and see how you feel throughout the day, okay?" He said in such a soft voice.

I nodded my head, "Okay." I said as I looked at him and smiled.

"Okay," He said with a smile and started to stand up, pulling my hand as he still held it, "Let's get going."

I grabbed my phone and reached for my keys, but then I stopped. "Hey um Zach do you think you can drive? I...I just think I'm..." I started to say but then I became quiet because I was embarrassed. I didn't feel like I was ready to get behind the wheel, my emotions were still too strong and I could break down at any time, but I refuse to show that to anyone else but Zach.

He gave me a reassuring smile and nodded, he knew what I meant without even me having to say it, "Yeah for sure, let's just go back to my place and grab my keys."

We walked out of my room and I even started to completely forget I was still holding his hand. We stopped once we were out of my room so I could close the door, I turned around and pulled it closed and that's when I heard Jack.

"Sup Zach."

"Hey bro." Zach said back in response. 

I turned around to face him, already feeling the tension that was being created. Jack looked down at our hands which made me feel even more awkward, until I felt Zach grip my hand a bit tighter.

"No wake up call?" I said to Jack. Like I said before, ever since Jack moved in with me he would always find creative ways to wake me up. And if it wasn't in the morning, he would do something at night which didn't happen today, which kind of made me sad.

"No boyfriend sleepover?" Jack said as he crossed his arms.

"What?"

"Don't act dumb L, every argument you have ever had with Daniel, the same or next night you guys are "making up" all night long. You know, make up sex isn't actually healthy for relationships, but you know what, you do you." He said as he shrugged his shoulders.

I felt my cheeks heat up, especially that he was saying this without any hesitation and Zach was also listening.

"Whatever dude, we're leaving." Zach said as he pulled me out of the room.

Once we were out of the apartment Zach looked at me, "Don't listen to him Leigh." 

"Zach even before yesterday and everything that happened, you still seemed mad at Jack. What happened between you two?" I asked as we walked to his apartment at the other end of the hall.

"Nothing to worry about."

Once we got to the door, Zach let go of my hand. "Here you stay here since Daniel is probably in there and I know you don't wanna face him. I'm just gonna run upstairs and grab my keys." He said as he unlocked the door.

"Okay, I'll wait right here." 

This was the first time I actually hated that Daniel and Zach were roommates, why couldn't it be Corbyn, the most unproblematic one in our group.

Once Zach went inside I grabbed my phone so I could at least be doing something while waiting. I was going to go onto Instagram until I heard a girl and a guy laughing, it was coming from the little hallway with the elevator. I looked that way and it was, you guessed it, Daniel and Angi. I could tell she became uncomfortable as soon as she saw me, which meant Daniel told her everything.

"Come to apologize?" He said to me as he raised an eyebrow, still walking towards me.

And with that, Zach opened the door as he stuck out his hand, wanting me to grab it. Zach still didn't know Daniel was here and from where Daniel was, he couldn't see Zach but he could see the door opening. 

I gave a petty smile to Daniel and then looked at Zach, taking his hand as soon as he walked out the door.

"Mmm nope, quite the opposite actually." I said as Zach looked at Daniel, who was trying to hide the fact that he was mad at what Zach was doing.

I intertwined our fingers and began to walk past them as I could see Daniel jaw clench. I gave Angi a nice fake smile and as soon as I looked at Daniel, I changed my facial expressions almost immediately to a blank face. With the hand that was holding Zachs, I lifted it up and flipped Daniel off as we continued to walk down the hall, not turning back once.

As we got into the car, Zach started it up and I buckled up. 

"Where to first?"

"Buckle up Herron, from here on out I don't give one single fuck about anything. I don't care about what I do, what happens, the consequences or your stupid management that somehow ends up controlling me. So now the real question is, how far will you go on this journey with me?"

Zach smirked as he reversed the car and looked at me, "All the way, ride or die baby."