Christmas Vibe - Denmark x Netherlands

kæreste - boyfriend, girlfriend, sweetheart, luvvie

Denmark - Mathias
Netherlands - Tim

Tim and Mathias were sitting around in the living room. Their bellies full and hearts filled with mirth. It was the day after Christmas and Tim was feeling nervous. There was one gift that he forgot to give Mathias. A very special one. He debated all of Christmas on whether or not to do this in front of their family and friends.

"Let me go get something really quickly," stated Mathias suddenly springing up from the sofa. Tim felt his heart pounding but merely nodded and the statement. His eyes trailed Mathias' body until he disappeared towards the stairs.

Tim got up and strolled over to where he hid the small blue box. He was shaking now. What if Mathias said no? What if the ring was too small? What if... All those negative thoughts were brushed aside by the soothing voice of his lover.

"Tim can we talk a moment?" asked Mathias with his hands behind his back. Tim turned to look at him and without a second thought, all the courage that had built up inside him bubbled out.

"I know I was supposed to do this around Christmas time and I couldn't help myself, I was unsure of whether you would want this in front of your family or in front of my family when we go to visit them. So I just decided to do it now. I love you so very much," blabbered Tim. It was so unlike him to gush. Perhaps it was just the nerves.

He opened the lid of the box and offered Mathias the ring. "Will you do me the honour of spending the rest of your life with me?" he asked. His heat dropped to his stomach when Mathias started laughing. Too soon? Was it too much? Was this a joke to Mathias? Tears began to well in his eyes.

"I'm sorry for laughing, kæreste, it's just... you see I had the same idea," he mused softly before presenting a small purple box. Tim started crying and this time it was because he felt so happy.

They exchanged rings and snuggled on the sofa. This was the most unexpected thing to happen to Tim.