Brother-In-Law - Denmark x Norway & Iceland

Norway - Lukas
Denmark - Mathias
Iceland - Emil

Mathias and Lukas had been seeing each other for a couple years now. Endless dates that always ended in some form of I love you. Be it kisses, small gifts, hugs or even a passionate night under the covers. They'd be doing that.

It was around Christmas time. Snow was falling outside and winter had hit it's peak. Mathias was invited round for Christmas but Emil wasn't happy with it. He was okay with Lukas and Mathias courting each other. He was okay with Mathias.

The truth of it all was that he was scared and he was jealous.

That's when he saw it. He saw the exchange between the older two. He saw the ring being placed on Lukas' finger and one on the Dane's. He saw the tender kiss and wish for someone of his own.

Emil wanted someone to kiss and hug. To call his own and spend the rest of his life with. Lukas noticed this of course and wanted to speak with Emil but Emil shunned him.

He sat out in the cold snow listening to sad music and love songs. How he dreamed of a love like Lukas and Mathias. "Hey..." murmured a voice. Mathias. Mathias had come and sat by him.

"What do you want?" asked Emil not so happy with the fact that he's been seen vulnerable. He took after his brother that way. Always valued others above himself and refused help when he felt he was weak.

Mathias sighed. Emil was a good kid. He treasured him as much as he treasured his older brother. "You'll find someone. You'll find someone who'll love you for you." remarked the Danish man.

Emil shrugged but listened anyway. "I don't know how to come across with you. It seems like you hate me most of the time." Mathias got his thoughts out there. He knew Emil was listening. If he wasn't responding then the best he could do was listen. Emil weighed up the pros and cons of telling Mathias this.

It seemed like he had experience with it.

"I don't hate you. I'm happy that you make my brother happy. I'm glad I'm going to have you as my brother in law. It's just I'm afraid that Lukas is going to ignore me and forget about me." Emil opened up to the Dane. Mathias hugged Emil and smiled softly. He was glad that Emil opened up to him.

Mathias left Emil and went back to tell Lukas of what he found out. The brothers needed to talk. "Emil!" called out Lukas. Emil stepped inside the warm house, comfort shrouded him like a blanket. He was pulled in a hug. "Don't you dare think like that. I'll never forget you. You're my little brother and I love and cherish you. Mamma told me to keep an eye on you and that's what I'm going to do." explained Lukas.

Emil hugged his brother back and let the tears escape. He didn't know why he thought Lukas weren't going to be there for him and forget him. He wasn't sure why he thought that way. All he knew was that it felt nice to be reassured that his older brother wouldn't forget about him in favour of his husband-to-be.

Mathias came in with a tray of hot chocolate and butter cookies. He put the tray down with a grin and nudged Emil.

"You'll be my best man won't ya?" asked Mathias. Emil nodded. Maybe it wouldn't be too bad that Lukas will be married to the Dane. Lukas added another thing that didn't fail to make Emil crack a smile...

"If anyone ever breaks your heart Emil, just count on us two to be there."