Falling - Norway x Denmark

Demon & Angel AU

Norway - Lukas
Denmark - Mathias
Sweden - Berwald 

He stared at the sky hoping for a miracle. He'd been pushed off of his own cloud by an idiotic Swede. Sure he may of said something a little teasing but nothing that should've ended like this.

He huffed. "Curse you Berwald." he muttered bitterly and his golden wings drooped. The left one hurt really badly though. Mathias grimaced at the pain. No matter how many life times he went through, pain was a thing he never desired to feel.

Suddenly he felt a soothing massaging sensation on his shoulders and between his wings. "Ohhhh that's nice. Little lower." he purred and sighed in satisfaction. He groaned when the pair of hands travelled lower.

"I could make all your desires come true." cooed a voice. It was alluring and drew Mathias in. Mathias' eyes widened as he felt the tip of a tail caress his throat. He pushed away from the figure and looked over to where he just was.

A man stood there. So sinfully attractive with onyx wings and a pointed tail. His hair flowed beautifully and his lips curved into a smirk. "You run away from me but still you feel drawn." he murmured. Mathias furrowed his brow. The man's words didn't make sense.

His voice... Mathias noted that this man's voice could lull victims into a falls comfort. "Demon." Mathias stated in shock. "I prefer Lukas but if you insist." he cooed with a wicked grin. The grin disappeared a moment later back into the taunting smirk.

It was long enough for Mathias to glimpse the really sharp teeth and the seductive glint in his eyes. The man.... Lukas... he seemed to lured Mathias into a sense of ease. "I'm not going to hurt you. It seems as though you've already broken a wing." he snickered.

"Don't laugh. It's not funny." snapped Mathias with tears in his eyes. His pride was hurt. He didn't know why because this demon didn't speak words full of venom. "I know. I'm going to leave you to suffer. Farewell cloud dweller." cooed Lukas before disappearing.

Persephone and Hades. That's all Mathias could think of. The old tale of a lady that fell in love with the King of hell. Oh how he was hopelessly falling for the demon that visited him day and night.

They met in the field under the tree for many days and nights. His wing had healed and still he spoke with the fire dweller.

They stole many of kisses under moonlight and stars. Under the fluffy clouds and rays of golden sun. "This is wrong." he said to Lukas as he laid with him in the nude. They had just done a sinful thing and closed his eyes with disdain.

Mathias was fearful of what his leader might think. He heard that it was painful for an Angel to fall. For their wings to be burned from their backs and halos torn from their heads. "This is not wrong, this is just fatal attraction of opposing species." remarked Lukas turning on his side.

Angels believed in purity. They believed in love and a life long promise. Demons just believes in sin. They believed in lust and never kept a promise. They never mixed. One never went to the other.

"You've had many partners, I've just had you. You've deceived many others and I've been nothing but truthful." murmured Mathias looking up with teary eyes. "Our kinds do not mix. It's the unwritten rule. Demons can't be redeemed. Angels can only fall to the earth to learn from their mistakes." Mathias said.

Hands ran through his hair in a distressed manner and he looked ill. The golden glow fading slightly from his body. "I can make you one of us. I can make you like me and we can fall from grace together. I can promise you eternity. Mathias just let me love you." promised Lukas with a soft smile.

Mathias shook his head and stood up. "I need to repent for the time I spent with you. Just understand that you will end up deceiving me like any other demon. Lukas I love you but you'll only lust after me. You'll only regard me as an angel that sins. I'm sorry but this is the end of us." Mathias said and flew up towards the greying clouds.

Lukas watched and his wings drooped. His black heart ached and something fell from his eyes. He wiped the weird things off of his cheeks and stared. Was he crying? He had not cried for centuries.

Mathias was back again the next day and wondered where Lukas was. His wings were clipped and burned from his back. There was two black lines that ran the course of his back where his wings once were. Lukas returned. His wings and tail no longer visible and his eyes a stunning blue.

They stole a kiss under the stars. An Angel and Demon names they no longer bore. Mathias was happy and Lukas in awe.

For Mathias was mortal once more. Forced to walk along the earth as man.