What Scares Me - Norway x Denmark

Prompt - "I don't know what scares me more, the fact that one day you might ask me to leave, or that I love you so much that I would leave immediately to keep you happy."

Denmark - Mathias
Norway - Lukas

"I don't know what scares me more..." started the Dane with a soft voice. He was scared to word his feelings. Especially to someone he loved so dearly. Sometimes he felt as though their relationship went cold and other times he felt as though they were loving like teens again.

"What scares you?" asked Lukas putting down his book and eyeing the Danish man. The Norwegian showed an open body language so that Mathias knew that he was going to be there for him and listen to every word he needed to say.

"I don't know what scares me more, the fact that one day you might ask me to leave or that I love you so much that I would leave immediately to keep you happy." stated Mathias looking down. His throat felt dry and tight and his heart hurt just to think of Lukas asking him to leave his life.

Lukas sat there and pondered the words that his lover spoke carefully and opted for the best approach to the situation. Gently he pulled Mathias into a hug and pressed a kiss to his forehead while playing with his hair in a comforting manner.

"You know what scares me?" asked Lukas looking down at the Danish male. Mathias' blue eyes searched Lukas' and saw nothing but honesty and honest feelings. Mathias shook his head and waited for Lukas to speak again.

The Norwegian tilted Mathias' head up towards him. "What scares me is the fact that you're thinking so far ahead instead of living in the moment. What scares me is the fact that if that does happen then I won't wake up to the smile that I love or see those captivating eyes of yours." murmured Lukas and pressed several kisses to Mathias' lips.

Mathias was in disbelief. Lukas felt the same way all along? "Really?" asked Mathias. It was strange to see Lukas so open about his feelings, the darker side of his feelings anyway. "Really." responded Lukas.

"I can assure you now that I will not ask you to leave anytime soon and you wouldn't need to leave to make me happy." remarked Lukas with a soft smile. Mathias buried himself in another hug and took in Lukas' scent. "I love you so much Lukas." he stated listening to Lukas' heart beat.

Lukas drew circles on Mathias' back and responded in a playful manner, "I love you more."