Just Like The Movies - Netherlands x Taiwan

Netherlands - Abel
Taiwan - Mei 

Abel looked around hoping that his girlfriend hadn't popped up from nowhere. Entering the store, he felt a smile come across his face. After all it was time to do this. It was time to make her the happiest woman in her life.

Mei got home and wondered why Abel's car wasn't in the driveway. Though she probably thought his friends had invited him out longer than he expected them to. Though he's been acting shifty as of late.

Putting the things away, she looked around the decorated home. It seemed like a dream. All of it seemed like a dream to her. How did she manage to get someone like Abel? The Dutchman opened the door and heard a gentle voice singing.

How he loved to hear her sing. Recognising the tune, he hummed along as he got closer to the kitchen. There she was singing away in the kitchen while putting away quite a few things. "Hallo." he stated a smile never ceasing to shine. She always made him smile.

He walked over to her and pressed a swift kiss to her lips. Immediately, he grabbed a towel and started putting away things that needed to be on a higher shelf.

Christmas day came around quicker than they expected it to. They sat together watching a Christmas movie and cuddled up with hot chocolate underneath a blanket. He had his strong arms around her middle while enjoying the company of the one he loved with all his heart.

"Mei, I want you to open a present." he stated and lead her over to the nicely decorated tree. He picked up a small looking present and handed it to her. Nervously, he watched as she carefully opened the present and looked at it. The velvet box sat delicately in her hands and she brought a hand up to her mouth.

No way. No freaking way. Abel got down on one knee and cleared his throat. "Mei... Xiao Mei, will you do me the honours in becoming my wife?" he asked softly. Mei fell into Abel's arms after nodding. There was no words she could make come out of her mouth. It was all bubbling happiness.

This wasn't what she expected at all.

Christmas songs played softly on the TV as they danced slowly together in the living room. The ring glinted under the light and both the lovers had a soft, tender smile on their faces.

"I love you Abel." whispered Mei looking into those green eyes. She loved everything about him. The way his eyes crinkled when he smiled and the way he'd stumble his words when saying something meaningful. Everything you can think of about this man was something she loved.

"I love you too Mei..." he said in a hushed whisper before pulling her into a soft kiss.