It's Not Worth It - Denmark x Norway

Denmark - Mathias
Norway - Lukas

"It's not worth it anymore!" cried out Mathias. The battlefield was quiet where they were. There was no sounds of clashing swords or yelling. Just silence.

Lukas stood there before him looking down at Mathias with stormy eyes. "What do you mean?" asked Lukas coolly. He almost sneered at the man before him. The blood that trailed from the corner of his mouth as he awaited a response that he felt like he wasn't going to receive.

"What do you mean." Lukas asked again, stabbing his sword into the ground before the Dane. The words were harsh like steel. Mathias' flinch was clearly visible. "Livin' after every battle. Seeing friends die and never getting to hold you in my arms and tell you how sorry for everything I put you through." responded Mathias.

He wore his heart on his sleeve and it was clear to tell. So many centuries after meeting each other. So many centuries have they known each other only to be surrendered to silence now. What happened?

Lukas didn't say a word. Mathias, he looked up at Lukas with tear filled eyes. Such weakness for a man who claimed to be the best of the best. He took off his armour piece by piece. Each part revealing his heart a little bit more.

Still it was silent. His axe was in the ground and he was completely defenceless. "All you need to do is sign the treaty." remarked Lukas stepping towards him.

Mathias knelt before him and hung his head to the ground. The steps Lukas took were tentative. "It's not worth it. There it no treaty that can mend my broken soul. Nothing to fix a broken heart. I am a broken man Luke. One who is only to be condemned." responded Mathias.

The Dane waited until the right moment. Lukas was practically in front of him right now. Pulling him by the waist into a sudden hug, it was bitter. For he was pushed away from Lukas in a blink of an eye.

"Are you mad?" questioned Lukas with a sneer. He didn't like hugs. Not when the situation was so dire. "I'm sorry." sobbed Mathias looking up into those storm filled eyes. He never wanted to see those beautiful eyes carry such hatred. Such anger. He felt as though his heart was tearing into shreds.

Lifting the blade to his neck, he trembled. "It's not worth it anymore. The living, the pain, the sadness. Nothing is okay anymore." murmured Mathias pressing it harder to his skin. The first drops of blood spilled onto the blade and made it's way down the metal onto the ground beneath them.

Tears, ever flowing, fell from his eyes. "You fool." snapped Lukas in anger. He was angry. Not at Mathias. Not at this useless war but at himself for not revealing his feelings sooner.

Stepping towards the broken man, he dropped down to his knees and took the hand away from his throat. Shakily, he placed the tip of the dagger to his heart. "To kill yourself is to kill me without even touching me." muttered Lukas. The tears fell from his dark eyes and he held Mathias' gaze.

"Being without you by my side for centuries on end will break me. I will be as broken as you if you leave my side." responded Lukas. Uncurling Mathias' fingers, he grasped the dagger and threw it away from the two. Pulling Mathias into a tear filled kiss, he felt his heart beating furiously in his chest.

Puling away, he placed his hand on Mathias' heart and rested his forehead against the Dane's. Mathias had no words. He couldn't tell Lukas how much he meant to him. He couldn't say a word in this moment. His tongue tied, his body full of guilt. How stupid could he be?

A broken man as stupid as he's been told. He was held by Lukas, gently. As if the other man thought he would break if he let go. "Stay by my side. Stay with me." murmured Lukas into his hair. Mathias just wrapped his arms around Lukas, tightly, hoping that he'd never have to let go again.

"If you are broken...." started Lukas closing his eyes, "Let me fix you."