Don't Go - Romano x Male! Reader

Romano - Lovino
Male! Reader - Your Male Name

"Please you can't go..." begged Lovino. His hazel eyes watered and a pout settled upon his lips. I couldn't help but feel my heart swell with remorse. I'd be leaving him alone for a few weeks. We've never done this before. It's always been a few hours at the most. Maybe even a day or two away from each other but a whole month. I'm nervous and scared but maybe this will really tell me if this is meant to be.

I stood my suitcase up and sighed. I'd have to go soon otherwise I'm going to miss my flight. "It's not that long Lovi, just a few short weeks and I'll be back in your arms again." I murmured as I embraced the Italian. I didn't know whether he was annoyed I was leaving or saddened by the fact.

No I wasn't breaking up with him, it's just for business. I need to convince this client over seas why they should consider my brand for sale rights in their country. "What if you find someone else while on that trip?" he asked. I chuckled and he punched my arm. I took his hands in mine and smiled at him. "Lovi, I have told you a thousand times and I will tell you until my last breath, I'm in love with you and you are the only one for me." I explained to him.

His eyes looked into mine bringing me into a trance. Their colour so unique, so deep and soulful yet lively and joyful. I loved that they changed colour with what he wore or the time of day it was or the lighting.

It wasn't like it was forever just a month and I'll be back. I walked over to my bag and pulled out one of the jumpers I had packed. I handed it to him. "For when you lonely, I know you like this one the most because I've seen photos from where you've borrowed it." I muttered. His cheeks turned a lovely pink at the mention of his stealing my jumpers without me supposedly knowing.

I looked at the time. It was time to go. I walked to the door with Lovino in tow. Still he was silent. I knew he was silently begging me not to go and for us to just curl up and watch one of his favourite movies but I knew if I took this move, we could have the money to provide for a child that we've always wanted.

I turned around to face him just as I stepped over the threshold of the house I called home. "I love you Lovino." I remarked as I rested my forehead against his. Lovino uttered the phrase back in his own tongue, a language I've come to love over the years.

"Promise me you'll wait for me." I said and waited for his reply. My eyes searched his in earnest as the seconds seemed to fly by without consideration of the intimate moment. He pulled me into a long, deep kiss. One so pure and full of love I felt my head spinning. I took that as his confirmation or his goodbye. Just as I reached the taxi door, I heard his pleasant voice speak again, two words that brought a smile to my face and a promise of a future together.

"I'll wait."