You Like Me More Right? - Denmark x Norway

Denmark - Mathias
Norway - Lukas
Iceland - Emil

Mathias watched as Lukas and that Romanian bloke talked. Both of them were laughing and conversing animatedly. He felt a swell of jealousy take hold of his heart.

It continued for some time. Mathias was supposed to be asking Lukas out on a date but it didn't seem like Lukas even liked him the same way. At least not anymore. Most of the days, he saw Lukas, he was talking to someone else.

They always looked like they made him enjoy their company more. The more they talked the less Mathias made himself known to Lukas. Even his own brother was talking to Lukas more than he was.

"Hey..." spoke a voice softly. Mathias looked to the source and saw Emil. Lukas' little brother. "What do you want?" asked Mathias. He felt so bitter even in the presence of another male that was his friend.

"Relax will ya? I'm here to see why you look glum." remarked Emil taking in the Dane's features. That scowl didn't look right on Mathias. Neither did those eyes filled with sadness.

They sat in silence for a minute or two. "Lukas... He's been talking to a lot of other people. I don't think he likes me anymore," explained Mathias. He put his all into making sure that he didn't burst out crying.

Emil didn't know what to do. He wasn't the best at comforting people but he'd provide some sort of comfort. "It's better to ask him yourself. He'll know more than I do. He'll know his own feelings." said Emil before getting up.

It had been several weeks since Lukas and Mathias last spoke to each other. Slowly, he made himself disappear from Lukas' life. Even when they did talk it was just Lukas speaking and Mathias nodding and adding some sort of appreciative noise.

There was a knock at his door. "Go away!" he called out. He wanted no visitors. Not while he was trying to get over his love of the Norwegian. "Mathias.. Let me in." called out a voice so familiar he wondered if he'd never hear it again.

Getting to the door slowly, he opened it just a crack. Enough for him to see the Norwegian standing there. He looked sombre as if he'd lost a loved one. "Please..." he started to plead softly

He stepped away from the door and let the other come in. "Mathias... Look at you... What happened?" asked Lukas taking a look at his... friend. He looked different. Nearly a stranger in his own blue eyes. Mathias shrugged looking at the ground.

"Tell me what's wrong and I can fix it." murmured Lukas as he stepped towards him. They both sat down opposite each other.

"You like me more than you like them, right? Right?" he said covering up his insecurities with his usual smile and bravado. Lukas gripped Mathias' jaw in his hand and made him face him.

He saw the pain in those eyes. "I'll like you more than anyone Mathias. Those were just my friends. Your friends too. I was talking to them to help me with a surprise and I didn't want to ruin it." explained Lukas.

Looking into those eyes, he slowly moved forward. Mathias closed his eyes and let Lukas press his lips to his. Two hearts became one that night. He fell asleep to soothing words that fell from Lukas' lips.

"I'll like you more than anyone because I'm in love with you Mathias."