Over You - America x Fem! England

Prompt: "You sure broke my heart last week" 

Every where I looked you were there. I couldn't actually help but wonder if you really loved me. You toyed with my heart and there was nothing I could do to change my mind. You sure broke my heart last weak. You were chatting up some of my closest friends and I couldn't help but wonder when you would've broken up with me.

When he called your name and you turned and kissed him was the last time I was letting myself get walked over by some dumb girl. I know I snapped at you, I know I yelled and I know how much you hate me getting angry but you had the nerve to be with someone else while you were with me.

It couldn't be helped that I saw you everywhere, we had the same friends, went to the same places and went to the same school. I didn't let that bother me though. I just wouldn't talk about you and my friends knew exactly why.

I smiled and laughed when people told me jokes, I went out on a regular basis to get you out of my mind. It worked for a while. That's when it started to get difficult. The days I wished we could turn back time or for me to find the mistake that I had done.

Thats when it hit me. I wasn't the one making the mistake. I didn't know why you cheated or why you didn't want me anymore but I was fine with it. I was never the one in the wrong so I got over it. Slowly but surely.

One day I never looked back. I never looked back at the mess our relationship was. I did the thing that hurt the most. I got over you.