Wish That I Could Wake Up With Amnesia - Netherlands x Taiwan

Prompt - "I wish that I could wake up with amnesia, so I can forget about the stupid little things" 

Netherlands - Tim
Taiwan - Mei

"It's been months on end, Mei," spoke the Belgian girl. She conversed with her best friend about Tim. Mei just looked down at the ground. The oversized jumper doing wonders to comfort her right now. It seemed like a giant warm hug but with less human interaction.

"It's his fault for not moving on." snapped Mei. She wasn't usually this bitter with anyone it was just... things didn't work out very well between her and Tim and she decided to end it. A part of her didn't seem like she wanted to let go just yet.

Tim looked around his room. One of the walls painted with 'a starry night' and the others a dusky rose colour. On the wall in front of him, just above the headboard of his bed was a collection of photos. All of them held memories that hurt him so badly. Each one was like a knife in the back that he just wanted to forget.

He wanted to forget what it was like to look in her eyes and feel completely in love. He wanted to forget the taste of her kisses, the way her smile formed. The Dutchman wanted to erase all the memories of her. Every tiny thing about their relationship just caused his heart to hurt more and more as the days passed.

Tim wanted to forget about her tiny little quirks like how she twirled a strand of hair while she talked to someone she felt comfortable with or how she rubbed her necklace before doing something she was nervous about. He wanted to forget the flower crowns that she wore, how beautiful she looked in a dress and how gorgeous she was without make up. It just wasn't fair that she moved on so easily and he's still here just remembering all the simpler, happier times when they were still together.

"Tim dinner!" called out his sister. He huffed and pushed himself off the bed. He didn't bother to hide the tear stained cheeks or the enhanced green of his eyes from where he had been crying. He didn't bother to style his hair, he just trod down the stairs at a slow pace and wondered if he would ever find someone else.

Emma and Amara both looked at their older brother and felt a pang of concern and felt upset on his behalf. Emma embraced Tim in a hug. He needed all of the love he could get right now. He buried his face in his sisters neck and let out all of the tears he'd been holding in and didn't try and choke down the sobs that wracked his body in harsh waves. He'd had enough. He wanted everything gone. He wanted to forget.

"I wish that I could wake up with amnesia." he mumbled through the tears. Emma pulled away and looked him in the eyes, worriedly. "Why on earth would you want that?" she asked. Tim bit his lip before releasing it and sighing. "So I can forget about the stupid little things." he responded.

After dinner, he laid down on the soft bed and held up a picture of Mei kissing his cheek at a new years eve party a year or two back. A broken heart has got to be the most painful thing in the world.

"I wish that I could wake up with amnesia so I can forget about the stupid little things." he whispered to the photo as he felt his heart break just a little bit more than it did before.