In Time.... - Denmark x Norway

Denmark - Mathias
Norway - Lukas

They sat upon the hill together. Beers in their hands and a sorrowed look on both their faces. Love. That was what joined them. Love between friends that shouldn't of been there.

Mathias wished he could turn back time to the good old days. Of course that could never happen. Time was irrelevant to his feelings. He'd feel the same for Lukas for as long as he could think of. Lukas wasn't the same though, he'd moved on almost straight away. Hiding the pain of their rocky break up through rebounds.

Not something that Mathias would've expected him to do. The good old days. Mathias sighed. The good old days were long walks in the forest, fresh pastries every other week. Goodnight kisses and the distant I love yous.

Everything was still fresh on his mind even though it had been years. It had been years and still he had yet to move on and find a person to spend his life with. He was sure that Lukas was the one.

That's when he noticed the glinting of a ring that Lukas' hand bored. A golden band. Looking back at the ground, he lifted the bottle to his lips and took a swig of the golden drink.

That band of metal meant that Lukas had quite clearly found someone else. Mathias looked down at his own hand. The band around his finger that didn't quite fit. The shambles of a marriage that he never wanted in the first place.

"You got any children?" asked Lukas. Mathias nodded. "Three. Two boys and a little girl. How about yourself." Mathias made simple conversation and pretended that his heart didn't hurt.

"3 girls and 2 boys." responded Lukas with a smile. He took out his wallet and showed Mathias. The large family looked positively happy. And perfect. Mathias smiled and congratulated Lukas on how well his life was going.

He accidentally brushed his hand with Lukas' not expecting a response. He felt the cooler hand wrap around his own. He looked over at Lukas who was staring at the horizon. "Do you ever wish we could turn back time. I mean to the good old days. The ones with us?" asked the Norwegian man looking into Mathias' eyes.

Mathias couldn't believe his ears. He nodded. "All the time." remarked Mathias honestly. Honesty was the best thing right now. He took a deep breath and asked the dreaded question. "Do you think we can try again?" asked the Danish man.

Lukas smiled and squeezed Mathias' hand. The response made Mathias hope for the best.

"In time..."