𝟺.𝟷: 𝙶𝚊𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚄𝚙 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙺𝚒𝚕𝚕𝚎𝚛𝚜 (𝟷𝟶𝟻)

-Narrator's perspective-

They finally arrived to a bar where the last Malraux werewolf was supposed to be. Hayley told Audelia to wait outside in case the wolf would escape. She watched Keelin, the Malraux, seperate from her friends to order another round of drinks and that was her cue. Hayley left her table and followed her to the bar, acting like she ordered something.

"You look like you're having fun. What's the occasion?" Hayley asks, igniting a conversation but what Keelin didn't know was that Hayley had more intentions than small talks.

"I just finished my residency, which makes me an official ER doctor." She informed, slightly proud of herself that she had come so far.

"Congratulations." Hayley said, "Does it help with the guilt, given what you are?" She questioned and the woman's smile faltered, confused.

"What did you say?"

"Keelin, you need to listen to me." Hayley lowered her voice, looking behind in case someone might overhear the conversation and dropped the innocent act.

"How do you know my name?" The werewolf asked suspiciously, frowning at how this hybrid knows everything that no one but a stranger should know.

"Got it from a friend. She said your grandma's maiden name was Malraux." Hayley started and it made Keelin scoff, about to leave but the Marshall will never let that happen and pull her back.

"You better back off. Right now." Keelin warned as she showed her werewolf side's eyes subtly, hoping it would somehow scare off Hayley but it didn't, ofcourse.

Hayley said, showing her eyes off as well, "I wish I could." When Keelin processed that she was also a wolf, she turned her eyes back to normal. "I need a favor. Five minutes. Outside. I can explain." She assured and the wolf knew she had no choice but to listen so they went outside to the back where Audelia had parked a few walls away.

When they walked out the back door, Keeling elbowed Hayley and had to jump over a few obstacles before she can get to the fence, expecting that she'd get away but Hayley was right there waiting with her arms crossed.

"Do not do that again." She warned calmly, not aiming for an unnecessary fight.

"I'm not going without a fight."

"Would you relax? I'm not here to fight you. I need you." Hayley informed and looked down on her phone to see a text message from Audelia, saying that they need to go now. "You're the last of your pack. That makes you specia for reasons that are too complicated to explain- And now I don't have time to explain because you stalled. I'm really sorry." Hayley said before slamming Keelin's head against the brick wall, knocking her out cold and speeding towards the car while carrying the wolf on her shoulder.

When Audelia and Hayley arrived in the warehouse, bringing the coffins and the stuff they need there, Keelin had woken up with a swollen head and found herself tied up in a chair. She tried to get out but was no use.

"Relax, wolf, we are not your enemy here." Audelia assured while Hayley gathers the things she needs to wake Freya up. "May look complicated but if Hayley here left you where you were, you'd already be dead."

"Great. Another vampire." Keelin said sarcastically. "Let me guess, we're on the run from vampires? You have the same stink they do."