𝟹.𝟻: 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙰𝚡𝚎𝚖𝚊𝚗'𝚜 𝙻𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛 (75)

-Narrator's perspective-

While Danielle had been walking alone in the streets of New Orleans, desperate to avoid her siblings who was eager to know what happened the night of the Masquerade, she felt someone following her. Today was a very festivities on the witches of New Orleans. Davina requested for her to come and help her over something, which was why she was heading over their right now.

But once she turned an empty alley, she disappeared out of sight on the vampire who was following her. Danielle reappeared, pushing him against the wall while she stuck her hand inside his chest, hand gripping on his heart very tightly.

"Let this be the second warning of today." She grunted, twisting her hand while the vampire squirmed over her hold on him. "Your disappearance is much appreciated on sending a message to Tristan." She pulled out his heart, body dropping on the ground.

Danielle lets go of the organ and grabbed the
handkerchief in his pocket while she cleans herself over the blood in her hands.

"Gabriel was my favorite." Estella appeared making the very annoyed hybrid sigh. "Such a shame you killed him though." She added, walking towards the girl who dropped the bloody cloth.

"Should I have assumed you're the one who sends this lackeys to protect me?" She instead asks, having no time for silly games. When the vampire didn't answer and shrugged, she continued, "Ofcourse. I have had about 10 centuries of blood on my hands. Stop following me." She muttered lowly, walking past her.

That was when Estella sped in front of her, stopping her from going any further. "I do not wish to fight, Danielle." She said a little more seriously which lead to the original to laugh.

"Really?" She asks, an ironic smile on her face while she studied every feature in Estella's face.

"Why are you so angry at me? I've never seen you this... annoyed and frustrated." Estella pointed out, bringing her hand up to the girl's cheek. "Is it because I've only come after all these years?"

"What I intend to be mad about is the filthy vampires lurking in the shadows to 'Protect' me." She answered, gripping on her wrist tightly as a warning. "Careful, Estella. I am not the same innocent girl you met."

"Oh, I know that." said Estella who let her hold her wrist, no matter how much it hurts. "This version of you is far more better." She smiled lowly, disregarding her hand on her wrist while she leaned immensely close to her face.

Danielle's eyes flickered downwards to the other's lips, then back to her eyes which was somehow telling her to get it over with. But she had much more self control than that. Danielle gripped on the back of her head and pulling her aback, "Why are you really here? Answer me." She said, looking deeply in her eyes which dilated.

"Lovely... You're willing to compel the answer out of me." She said back, not being beholden by the power of the original. "Sorry to disappoint, love. It's a little trick I've picked up in years. But if you really wanted to know all you had to do was ask."

"Then speak." Danielle said, letting go of her head and stepping back. "I expect you'll be truthful."

"I've come here to protect my sire." She answered, following her movements. "And to possibly rekindle a snuffed out fire between us."