𝟻.𝟷: 𝚆𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝙻𝚎𝚏𝚝 𝚈𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝙷𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚝 (𝟷𝟸𝟾)

-Narrator's perspective-

Over time, exactly 3 years later, Elijah Mikaelson had reached his tipping point. He couldn't stay in Southern France with the woman she loves, Audelia. His heart was pulling him, calling him to go and search for his sister. Elijah knows that it would be catastrophic and dangerous, especially to Hope but, just seeing Danielle once would be assurance now.

But he expected help from Audelia, not discouragement. She believes that he should stay with her, had a hunch that Danielle was perfectly fine. But Elijah couldn't. But he also knows that he shouldn't get close to Danielle either. It left him not choosing at all and ended the story with his mind being erased. There was once a conversation he had with his hybrid sister.

He initiated that topic. What did she feel when she didn't know anyone and about the vow, Always and Forever. Danielle didn't hide any malicious truth and spoke carefully that time.

"The first few days, I was full of questions. I didn't even know who to trust. Even you and Klaus, Hayley... I remember no one. All I know was I could only trust myself. Perhaps, if you and the others weren't besides me the moment I awoke, I would end up trusting nobody. By myself... But the exhilarating part about not remembering was... not remembering. There was no pain, no determination... nothing. If you would ask me if I want to forget everything again- I would. But I have Hayley now and I have something to lose if I forget."

Thus, making Elijah Mikaelson forfeit his memories. It was a decision that he didn't discuss with anyone but himself. If he would talk to Klaus about it, the hybrid would prevent him from doing so. So, one day, he bids his goodbye to Audelia. She thought he was going to look for his sister but she was deeply wrong. The next thing Audelia knew was that the man he loves could no longer look at her like she does...

"So," Audelia starts, a grin on her face when she saw the serious look her best friend has while they were in a car heading straight to Mystic Falls. "What would you say to Hope when we arrive?"

"Don't encourage her. She sold her blood and created a hybrid." Hayley had a dull tone, no mood to entertain Audelia who seemed to he in a spectacular one today. "When Alaric called, he said he had no idea why Hope would do that. I don't even know why she would." She sighs while driving.

"For the record, don't be too hard on her. Her father's gone most of her teen life- I'd say she wanted Klaus' attention and bring him home." The Vampire suggests, looking down on her phone and reading a message. It caused her eyebrows to furrow and type away.

Hayley looks besides her, "What? Who are you texting every hour of everyday." She questions and Audelia said no one before closing her phone again. "Please, you're always talking to someone. Who is it? If you moved on from Elijah, I won't judge you."

"God, no. I could never." Audelia says like it was such a bad thing to do. Hayley shifted uncomfortably on her seat. Then, she realized what she said. "Not that moving on is such a crime. You and Declan are really... good... together. If precisely speaking."

"You don't have to hide it, I know you don't approve of him." She interrupts before Audelia could go on and rant. Hayley sighs, shaking her head. "I know he isn't like her but... if she moved on so could I, right?"

"How can you be so sure Danielle moved on from you?" Audelia asks seriously, holding her phone nervously as if she needed her question to be answered. But Hayley didn't notice her friend's behavior and shrugged, exhaling deeply.