𝟻.𝟽: 𝙶𝚘𝚍'𝚜 𝙶𝚘𝚗𝚗𝚊 𝚃𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚋𝚕𝚎 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚆𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚛 (𝟷𝟹𝟼)

-Narrator's perspective-

The day they were today was no celebratory of their victory on saving Hayley from her captures. The family Mikaelsons and as well as the people of New Orleans are grieving over their beloved friend, Audelia Verlice. A friend, companion to anyone if you ask. She wasn't one with enemies except for the one's who murdered her in cold blood. Their was a funeral set by her best friend, Hayley Marshall. The only person who helped her through her struggles when no one did before they rescued the Mikaelsons from their deaths.

Hope had it tough. Losing someone who she had when she was a baby, growing up, Audelia was there for her and as well as her mother. But there are things she can't tell her mom and that's when she turn to her Aunt Addy for help. Some secrets she shared with Hope remained untold, to the grave and her death...

"And where are you now?" Klaus questions, sitting on his chair in the Compound feeling rather dead on the inside. He dreaded for this day and all.

"You don't have to worry about that. I'm at a safe distance from Hope." Danielle replies, masking her pain. In truth, she wanted to be there for Audelia's funeral but she can't. Simple but difficult. "No threat would come to New Orleans as long as I'm here. No disturbance from Audelia's..." She trails, stopping herself from saying another word.

"I know, sister." He said gently, clearing his throat. "You can come here. Even for just a few minutes. Hope needs her family other than her parents too."

"You know I can't, Nik." She evades, mostly thinking about her being the reason to Hayley's patience today. The way the Marshall looked at him that day... it terrified Danielle and she didn't know why. "It's far better for me to stay where I am. Considering our last meet, I don't think Hayley nor Hope would want me there."

"Nonsense." Klaus said almost too quickly. He sighs, "Look, can't we talk in person? It's been long since we had a decent conversation face to face."

Danielle pauses, didn't know what to say because she didn't want to interfere this peaceful day. "No." She forced herself to say even though she wanted to see him. Especially today. "Hope needs all the family she can get. You and Hayley will ensure that. Don't give me an excuse about not seeing me for a long time. I know what you've been doing when I was gone. Make it up to Hope." She hungs up, sighs deeply.

Klaus was about to argue but he couldn't since his sister had hung up on him. He clasps his face before drinking his bourbon in frustration to their situation. He wanted to talk to Danielle, understand why Hayley was a hybrid again even though she did the binding spell. There was a lot of unanswered questions he was hoping she could answer.

"Where the hell is she?"

The question and abruptly barging in the study almost gave Klaus a heart attack if he was alive. He looks at Hayley who looked like she can kill an actual person if no one answered her question. "There's a lot of she. Hope is in her room, crying to herself. Freya's in mourning
in-"

"Not Hope and Freya- I meant Danielle. Your sister who didn't bother on picking up her phone for the past 7 years, showed up out of nowhere when I was about to join my best friend's fate." Hayley kept on talking and Klaus let her, didn't respond since he didn't have an answer to her question. "She didn't tell you where she is, didn't she?"

"I'm afraid so." He says.

Hayley crossed her arms, thinking on the possibility where she could be. Somewhere far but close from the city limits, somewhere she was comfortable to live in without a hitch. Hayley exhales, turning back to the door. "I know exactly where she is."