𝟻.𝟷: 𝚆𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝙻𝚎𝚏𝚝 𝚈𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝙷𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚝 (𝟷𝟸𝟽)

-Narrator's perspective-

"Hey, Nik. I truly apologize for everything when after I left. I don't want to be apart from any of you, especially Hayley. But I'm afraid if I keep reaching out to all of you, you'd keep getting on a plane and leaving your daughter behind." Danielle takes a deep breath over the phone which Klaus could visibly hear. "What I'm trying to say in retrospect is... Be with Hope. Take care of Hayley. Elijah's with Audelia, I hear Rebekah's with Marcel. I'll be fine. Just knowing you and Hayley are taking care of your daughter brings me hope that we'll be together again. As a family. I don't want to hurt anyone. So, please, forgive me when I say it's for the best. Tell Hayley that... that I love her."

The voice message ended, Klaus shutting his phone to aclose and he stands up in stress. "My sister is out there- alone in the world. No one by her side." He said and Freya looks at him with sympathy.

"Look, Klaus, maybe it's for the best. She's not a kid- Danielle can handle herself."

"No!" He yells, stopping when he realized that Hope might hear him screaming. Klaus exhales, "For a thousand years we've been together. Never once have I left her side- neither has she to me until a few weeks ago. Sure, Rebekah and Elijah had someone besides them but she has no one! Alone in this dark and twisted world. I'm suppose to be with her."

"And what? Leave Hope fatherless?" Hayley asks, now just processing Danielle's message that was sent this morning. That explained why the Mikaelson hasn't returned any of her calls the past few days. In fact, they never talked again since that day she left.

"I don't suppose you're okay with this?" Klaus questions, pointing at the hybrid like she's done something wrong. Freya was about to talk, make them stop arguing but it seemed like they need time to digest this information.

"Are you kidding me? I lost the woman that I love and you think I'm okay with this?" She snaps, every inch of her body ached and the only cure was Danielle. Who won't be coming back... "She's made her choice, Klaus. I hate her so much for it but... I can't do anything about it."

Klaus pauses and realized that the decision he'd been aching to make has been made. "Take Hope to Mystic Falls. Have her a normal life in school. You're right, she deserves that life." He steers the topic real quick and a different direction.

"Why the sudden change of heart? You hate that town." Hayley asks, really grateful that they weren't talking about Danielle again. But she stops, and scoffs. "No. Tell me you're not going to chase Danielle and leave our daughter."

Klaus looks at his witch sister, decision been made.

Looking back at that time, thinking of ways on how it could have ended better. Hayley tried so hard to make Klaus stay but he only comes home when it was necessary and when it's holidays or birthdays then he jets to Europe or wherever these days. It took time but she got used to the man scorching the earth to find his sister. But Hope didn't get used to it, unfortunately.

Hayley didn't blame her, she also kinda hated Klaus' guts for only visiting and staying a month. Even two, if they were lucky. He keeps leaving whenever a rumour spread about Danielle Mikaelson has been seen somewhere. Klaus just needed to see her once and then he was through. He left dozens of messages in his sister's phone but it was useless.