𝟻.𝟷𝟸: 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚃𝚊𝚕𝚎 𝙾𝚏 𝚃𝚠𝚘 𝚆𝚘𝚕𝚟𝚎𝚜 (𝟷𝟺𝟻)

-Narrator's perspective-

And Caroline Forbes did. She was expecting Danielle to react or do something impulsive. Because the girl normally would when it comes to her brother, Klaus. But she just stood on her two feet and looked out the window of the Memorial Library in deep thought. "You aren't gonna say anything- Be angry that Klaus kept this from you?"

"Klaus always kept something from everyone." Danielle stated as a fact and Caroline couldn't agree more. "He changed, as you can see. For Hope- for his daughter. My niece..." She trailed, reminiscing to the past where it was all laughs and smile. The memories calms her down, knowing that's all she has at this point.

"He did. He's not the bad guy in his daughter's story." Caroline says, knowing that the big bad wolf she knew long ago was dead. Klaus Mikaelson changed for family. "What are you going to do to stop him?"

"To stop him, I'm going to need a favor, Caroline." She turns around to see the vampire who was listening. Danielle's mind had gone to Hayley, knowing that she'd be angry at this idea. Which was why she was going to keep it. Until the very end. "Tell your daughters they will proceed as plan. Only that they put the Hollow in me."

"What?" Caroline questions unbelievably but Danielle kept a calm expression, decision been made alone. "That's insane- I told you this because I thought you were going to stop someone from dying today."

"Someone is dying today. You are to make sure it will be me." Danielle states, swallowing for a second and continued, "When you met Klaus and I all those years ago, you only saw a villain who was selfish. And the villain's little sister who would do any of his wishes and pleas. Besides it, I would do anything to make sure he is happy. To make sure that Hope will still have a daughter to take care of. He missed half her life searching for me in the past decade. I don't want him to lose her permanently."

Caroline could see the sincerity in the girl's eyes, knowing she couldn't persuade her to change her mind. Was this plan better than Hope losing a father? That she'd lose an Aunt? One that her mother loves so much and the sister her father adores?

"For centuries, I stood by him. Help him break free of our curse, to torture your many friends..." Danielle pauses, "But this time, he no longer will have me helping him in this one. I made a vow of Always and Forever. And I always made one to him. That I will always protect him. From our father and from the evil we will face together. I want to make good on that promise."

"What happens if you do go?" Caroline begs to ask, referring to her family who all loves her dearly. "Klaus would be devastated. Elijah." She says and one person went to mind. "Hayley."

The name of the person she loves most in the world. "Hayley..." Danielle repeats, a heavy sigh escaped her lips. "Earlier, she told me that she didn't want Hope to die. Hayley will have to move on eventually. I hurt her too much and the least I can do for her is that her daughter will still be alive tomorrow. And so will the father of her child."

"But, why?" The Vampire asks tiredly. Ever since she became a vampire, started her life and met the Mikaelsons, Danielle would always protect her big brother from anyone. Even if it was their own family. "Klaus lies to you, he manages to betray the only person who had stuck by him all these years. Why protect him still?"

"We could call it as a curse. I was born to live, but I chose to dedicate my life to protect the brother who was abused his whole life. Why?" She asks, "Because he helped me in a way he wouldn't know. And he's my brother. He will always be my brother. I love him. I protected him from Mikael's abuse, witches starting a vendetta, you and your friends planning a ploy to kill him... It will be a pleasure to say that this would be the last time I get to protect him."