𝟷.𝟷𝟽: 𝙼𝚘𝚘𝚗 𝙾𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝙱𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚋𝚘𝚗 𝚂𝚝𝚛𝚎𝚎𝚝 (24)

-Narrator's perspective-

It's been overall a days relief for the werewolves in the bayou since the cure have worked. Not so much relief for Danielle who had been dodging Hayley for quite some time. Although she never gave up on her promise about keeping her safe... she answers the call one a day.

"I don't have any interest in our brother's... bedmate, Elijah." Danielle informed blankly, both walking inside the church with the vampire pushing the doors open.

They saw the leaders of each faction of the supernatural community all gathered up around the table in the middle of the church.

"I deeply advice you to rethink that." He said to the girl and both of them were standing up and listening to the indiscretions of the meeting.

Once some were already here they begun. "St. Annems has long been neutral ground in our city. So, it's only fitting that we gather in this chamber at the behest of Elijah and Danielle Mikaelson to bring harmony to this place we call home. Thank you all for coming." Father Kieran, who had been fidgeting since the minute he came here, sat down.

"Yes, thank you, and welcome." Elijah said in a simple and welcoming smile. "These are the rules of the city according to Marcel Gerard." He gestured to the piece of paper on his hand which he tore into two. "Which ofcourse no longer apply because I am in charge."

"You said if we came along, we would run things by ourselves. Never mentioned anything about making yourself king." Diego spoke up in an annoyance tone, just stubborn to see every faction gathered.

"You were each selected to represent your own communities, I'll honor that. However, issues which arise between factions will come to me. Now we are all, to some extent, responsible for the current chaos in the city. However, you have one very, very simple choice ahead of you here. You can all play nicely together, or you can leave." He appointed calmly.

All in while that Danielle was leaning on one of the chairs in the church. She leaned on it while looking towards them in a quiet manner, still lingering in her head about Hayley. Who she awfully missed.

In the other side of town, the bayou, Hayley had actually begin to feel like she has a family. Now that the wolves that was stuck in their form had been cured back to human. To say the least she was beyond ecstatic.

"You got to try Tucker's ribs." Jackson adviced while placing down multiple plates on the table, looking over to Hayley.

"Then what? Then we're gonna go play horseshoes?" In a joke, Hayley said and it made Jackson laugh.

"Don't mock country living, darling." He said and the pregnant werewolf apologized with a smile.

"This is just a lot more family fun than I'm used to."

"Well, maybe I can help you get used to it." He offered seriously and Hayley looked down, avoiding his gaze.

From a few meters away from them, Oliver leaned on the table as he spoke up. "Then all we got to do is just forget that she spent half her life with humans and the other half with vampires." He said as a matter of fact and ate a piece of chicken.

"Ollie, back off." The alpha of the pack warned dead serious.

"It's okay. If the runt of the litter has something to say, he should say it." Hayley snarked. Her choice of words were going to impress a certain hybrid who she forgot to call like every other day like yesterday.