𝟷.𝟸𝟸: 𝙵𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝙰 𝙲𝚛𝚊𝚍𝚕𝚎 𝚃𝚘 𝙰 𝙶𝚛𝚊𝚟𝚎 (35)

-Narrator's perspective-

Desperate to find the only girl she ever cared about, Her and Elijah searched everywhere in the city of New Orleans. She couldn't hear him telling her telling her calm down, to have hope that Hayley is fine. But she couldn't hear it and minded on her own thoughts that was all pain and bad thoughts.

So much as wanting to find her in the rousseau's, but no one was there. Deserted and packed up as it was late at night. They tried their luck in the bayou but no one was there, only wolves who turned in the full moon glowering at them for being there. The Mikaelsons didn't care about them and sped away, heading to the cemetery, wishing to whomever was watching them that Hayley was there but not.

Every place they've searched for, every room and houses they know- Including Marcel's loft was all empty amd secluded. It attempts to calm his sister down, he stopped her when they were walking in the middle of the quiet streets of New Orleans.

"Elijah, please let me go." She pleaded breathlessly, eyes pleasing for them to go on further. "I need to know she's okay." Her voice slightly fell down to desperation, not caring if her walls were cracking open.

"And I need to know if you are." Elijah calmly said, loosened her grip on his sibling's arm to help her breathe more normally. She didn't need anymore pressure on her shoulders. "I know how much you care for Hayley. I know, sister. But please, take a moment to calm down."

Still breathing erratically, Danielle closed her eyes in defeat and hung her head low. She
tried- She did try to consider Elijah's words in her head. But the more she thought about being calm, the more impatient she got by the second.

Shaking her head, Danielle retreated her arm aback. "Not until I know she is fine." She whispered sharply and walked to the last place where they haven't searched yet.

Then, Elijah let the topic go and walked their way to the church in a human pace. They were too tired on trashing every place in the city with their supernatural speed so they settled on foot.

While his sister was going in a mental crisis on her own, so was Elijah. Over the millennium he has been alive and besides his siblings, he didn't have to worry about Danielle. Because she's never cared about anyone other than immortal beings who cannot be killed. Now, he had every reason to since Hayley managed to jiggle her way in Danielle's heart unknowingly. The two has an undeniably unbreakable bond that no one will ever muster up to match. The only one who first saw it was Elijah.

And now that he began to adapt on how much Danielle actually does care about Hayley, he will do everything he can to make sure the two will survive every storm, every war. Love is a precious and rare thing to find and this time, Danielle managed to find it without even knowing it. In many many years of Elijah lived, he only found a few and every time he did, it all ended up ruined. He didn't want the same fate to happen to his baby sister who never even experienced heartbreak.

With her leading, Danielle used both of her hands to push open the church doors aggressively. "Nik? Hayley?" She shouted in a calling and felt her heart drop over what she's seen at the altar.

Her footsteps slowed down, stopping fully when she started to piece everything she's seeing. She smelled it, she's seen it but yet, Danielle was desperately refusing to believe over the picture of her brother cradling a dead Hayley on his arms.