𝟸.𝟷𝟺: 𝙸 𝙻𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚈𝚘𝚞, 𝙶𝚘𝚘𝚍𝚋𝚢𝚎 (57)

-Narrator's perspective-

To this specific and particular day, Danielle knew she shouldn't be one to be selfish. It wasn't her style, It certainly will never be her in any other life. At first, she wanted to leave- she wanted to flee the country to just not witness the wedding. But who was she to be called a Mikaelson if she leaves abruptly before the groom kisses the bride? And now, she was contemplating on whether or not to leave after the ceremony was finished. There was nothing keeping her here- her siblings can managed on their own. Right?

But even after all this wedding mess, Danielle wanted to know something. It was what her brothers were hiding from her the entire time and that was why she asked Klaus and Elijah to talk. Properly and no avoiding this time. She ended up watching many people arrange the middle of the compound, silk and tables here and there. There was even a wedding cake that fit her height but much more taller than her if that was possible.

After Elijah and Camille arrived, Danielle witnessed how Hayley looked overjoyed to see her daughter again. It gave her a same feeling to see the to-be-wedded-bride happy on her special day. But happy moments were to he broken down for Danielle seeing as Hayley introduced her daughter to Jackson, who didn't even looked alarmed and greeted the little girl with ease.

And all she could do was stand on the end of a balcony surrounding the heart of the Abottoir, hands gripping on the ledge while she watched it all. When her eyes landed to her hybrid brother who gestured for her to follow him to the Lounge, Danielle looked at Hayley one last time before following her sibling. As she entered the Lounge, Danielle closed the doors behind her and also saw Elijah waiting idly by inside the room.

But before he could flap his gums, Danielle spoke up. "Now that you two are here, I need to know." She said quickly. The brothers looked at each other and knew the meaning behind her words. "I need to know about Estella." It only confirmed it.

"You have impeccable timing, Sister. But I don't think this topic is proper for this kind of day." Klaus said and drank a glass full of bourbon he poured himself.

"No, no. You promised me you'd tell me." Danielle pointed out in a slight ironic chuckle before she walked closer to him. "I'm not going to lie, I need the distraction." She confessed in a small voice. Almost made her feel tiny of the vulnerability she has just gotten herself into. Her own revelation caused Klaus to look at her sympathetically and emotionally. He knew how much it will hurt her but never this much. It caught him off guard.

"Saraphina." Elijah called, stepping besides his brother and looked at her. "I'd have you know, we didn't know better. We were afraid, we were newly turned to creatures."

By his warning, Danielle glanced at him and nodded. "I will not hold it against you. I swear. It's in the past and I... I just want to know." She swore and that was that.

The three Mikaelsons sat on the couch and it the story started with Elijah, "As you may know, we were fleeing father. You and Rebekah were already waiting for the rest of us to arrive but we got caught up." He said and looked over to Niklaus who continued,

"Estella found us running to get to the exit." He said in a low tone, studying how Danielle exhaled. "She demanded to know where you were and where we were going. Me, Elijah, Kol and even Finn tried to get past her but she was persistent. Even threatened to call the guards to have us detained but we... We can't risk getting distracted when Mikael was on our
tail-"