𝟺.𝟾: 𝚅𝚘𝚘𝚍𝚘𝚘 𝙸𝚗 𝙼𝚢 𝙱𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚍 (𝟷𝟷𝟻)

-Narrator's perspective-

With the attack that occured a few nights earlier, the Mikaelsons has been on their guard day and night everyday. They couldn't let it happen again, let such an evil attempt to get to Hope or any of their family. To do that, they needed to stop the Hollow and find the bones that would allow it from getting to the living world.

After Freya's research, discovering what they needed was in the Lockwood family heritage which beseeched them to go to Mystic Falls. But, Alaric Saltzman didn't want to get their drama entangled with the Mikaelsons again so he is bringing them what they needed. But pertaining that the Ancestors needed to somehow speak to them made Klaus Mikaelson stop and take a look at how this day was going to go.

Well, the only reasonable way to execute their play right was that he accompanies Hayley on their talk with the Ancestors who decided to put their differences aside to take the Hollow down before it gets powerful enough to destroy the world.

When that waa decided, Elijah can't help but protest the idea of Hayley going to be the one to go on such a dangerous mission. But he had no say in the matter which lead him to talk to his sister.

You can't blame him for being cautious of this idea since the Ancestors tried to eradicate Hope from living and was willing to take Hayley down if needed be. Not to mention, Lucien Castle. They had a hand in creating a monster that would kill the Mikaelson family once and for all.

"What do you want me to do, Elijah? I can't exactly tell Hayley to don't try and help us understand this enemy of ours." Danielle said, completely drained that she hasn't slept the whole night because of her paranoia that someone will break in her home again. The fear of someone killing Hayley- or anyone of her family was still burried in her head.

"Then convince her. Beg her. It's dangerous and you, sister, know it." He proceeds with their topic, hopefully changing Danielle's mind about her beliefs. It's not that he didn't trust Hayley to protect herself but there are multiple ways that this could go wrong.

They were talking near the exit, both of them speaking in the dark. "Yes, I know it's dangerous. But do you honestly think that Hayley won't go because it is? She's made up her mind and so have I."

"You're making a mistake." Elijah warns just when Danielle was going to leave him alone to think about what he's saying.

"Really? I'm making a mistake?" She said unbelievably. "Elijah, you could've made a mistake when those 4 young witches didn't come back to life."

Yes, she's heard all about how her brother forced the Harvest Ritual from happening. Elijah tried to talk Vincent into the idea of doing the ritual but the witch refused because of hundred things that would go wrong. But the Mikaelson didn't listen and killed 4 witches, forcing Vincent to complete what was needed.

"But they did." He argues, an earful scream echoed in his ear from one of those girls. Elijah couldn't possibly know what he would feel if the ritual didn't work.

"And if they didn't?" Danielle lowered her voice forcefully, thinking about Hope and if she overheard their conversation. "The guilt would have drowned you and we wouldn't have the Ancestors as our ally. Hayley is going there to make sure that they keep their word and inform us of our enemy's weaknesses."

"Which is an awful idea-"

"-Enough. I could hear the two of you from upstairs." Hayley interrupts, causing Elijah to look from afar and Danielle to exhale tiredly, her tense shoulders relaxed upon hearing the woman's voice today. "And Elle's right, I made up my mind about this. Elijah, I appreciate you trying to look out for me but I can handle myself. I need to go." She said as a goodbye, holding Danielle's hand for a second before leaving the Compound and to the gate.