𝟸.𝟹: 𝙴𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢 𝙼𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛'𝚜 𝚂𝚘𝚗 (39)

-Narrator's perspective-

"So... which restaurant's missing a compelled chef?" Hayley started, looking around the table full of food in the middle of the compound. She looked back to the male hybrid who was walking his way to where she is.

"Certainly a card I've played in the past, but I had no hand in this." He replied, pointing over the tons of food in front of them.

"Hmm. Then I guess we have Elijah to thank." She said and just in time, the noble vampire and Danielle walked down the stairs. Equally as confused as the rest of them.

"This wasn't my doing." He said and they all turned to Danielle who chuckled in knowing.

"Neither did I." She defended, walking up to the table and looking around.

They all frowned as they didn't know who could have sent the food. However, when a certain dish caught Danielle's eyes, she lets out an exhausted exhale. Just in time, something moved inside a covered 'dish', or so they thought. It made exclaim an 'oh!' in shock as it continued to move inside.

Enough of it, Klaus pulled it up and a crow flapped its wing and escaped the compound by the sky. They looked around in confusion but soon looked at the paper that was left on the silver plate where the bird was earlier. "What the hell was that?" Hayley asked, which the question is yet to be answered.

The male hybrid picked it up and opened to read for himself. The Mikaelsons already had a gut feeling on who could send a dish of food and a dramatic bird. Their suspicions proved correct when Klaus looked up to the two. "An invitation from our mother."

In done of it all, Danielle exhaled. "Lovely." She announced before looking down on the mushroom soup. One of her favourite dishes that her mother made when she was a child. There was always something that made the soup special. Accordingly so by Esther.

To kill time, Danielle was picking up the splits of the destroyed furniture in her bedroom. She tossed it in the trash and didn't bother to turn around when someone walked in. Upon hearing their footsteps, she already knows of it.

"What is it, Nik?" She asked and finally turned to see her brother.

"Do you recall the necklace our mother gave us? Mine was a bird and yours was a star." He started off the bat. Almost wanted to ask why she was cleaning up the room but he settled onto distract herself over the dinner later this afternoon. "Like this." Klaus held up the necklace and the female hybrid felt nostalgic of it.

"Completely hidden. Why?" Danielle asked and narrowed her eyes down the bird necklace. As she recalled, it's behind a particular painting in her room.

"It might be of use for our guest of honor later this afternoon. Where is it?" He asked calmly, looking around as he realized that the room was much larger than his. But it was not the time for arguing on who's bedroom is more bigger.

Didn't ask, Danielle walked up to the wall on her left. She carefully lifted the painting off of it and at first glance, it was nothing but a wall. She placed her hand inside the cloaked wall and grabbed the small box that was sitting there the entire time. Danielle didn't mind on how her brother looked at her in an impressed sort of way.

Carefully, Danielle opened the lid and the silver star caught her eyes immediately. She brought it up and showed it to the older Mikaelson. "Just take it, actually. I'm not too keen on keeping things that is of no use to me." She said and placed it on Klaus' palm that was extended to her.