𝟻.𝟷𝟹 𝚆𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚂𝚊𝚒𝚗𝚝 𝙶𝚘𝚎𝚜 𝙼𝚊𝚛𝚌𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙸𝚗 (𝟷𝟺𝟽)

-Narrator's perspective-

When Klaus Mikaelson explained to his family on what he was suppose to do originally, it didn't give Hope a lesser reason to hate him. She was going to originally lose him? Was that it? Hope distracted herself with piles of grimoires with Freya sometimes checking in on her, occasionally. The youngest Mikaelson was finding a way to save her mom's epic love, her dad's favored sister and her Aunt who did everything to make sure she's happy.

Hayley argued with Klaus and Elijah for a good hour about not keeping Elle locked up in the dungeon beneath their feet when they arrived in New Orleans. She wanted Danielle to lay in a bed where it was comfortable, wake up with family who would be able to calm her down. But instead, she might wake on a cold ground, chains wrapping on her wrist to prevent her from escaping. Like a prisoner.

Rest assured by Klaus, the White Oak stake was safely hidden even with the pleas from Freya to destroy it, he didn't listen. He hid it in the study, somewhere in a forgotten relic safely.

"This is all your fault!" Kol yells furiously, pointing at Klaus who didn't fight back and stood his ground. He only just arrived in the Compound, rushed to the dungeons and saw all his siblings surrounding Danielle who was still unconscious. "I don't get it. Why does she keep saving a man who doesn't need it!" He tells Rebekah who tried to calm him down.

"Calm down, Kol- It isn't Nik's fault." Rebekah pointed out, preventing him from physically hurting Klaus who only stares at their sister on the ground.

"I beg to differ." Kol pulled his arm aback from Rebekah's hold, pointing at Klaus again accusingly. "It's always the same thing with you. You managed to find yourself in trouble, can't get yourself out of it when either Dani or Elijah swoops in to save you! You're gonna get her killed!"

Elijah abruptly stands up in front of him, "I suggest you take a moment to calm yourself." He says calmly with a hint of seriousness. "Or you would rather have me throw you out of this house if you don't calm down." It was enough for Kol to huff, looking at his older sister for a split second before speeding out of there. Davina was the only one who got to easen his tensed nerves, who happened to be upstairs with Hope, finding a solution which isn't there.

"He's right." Klaus finally speaks, not daring to look away from Danielle whose back was leaning against a concrete wall. "Our sister... how can she spend all her life protecting me? Saving me- even at times I didn't want to be saved?"

"Hey." Rebekah calls firmly, snapping him out of the melodrama trance. "Don't act like you don't deserve Dani's love. She chose to love you, Nik. I know where it got her- it got her to this." She points at their situation. "And I'm betting she didn't regret a single thing."

"That's Saraphina for you." Elijah sighs deeply, he vaguely remembers the time when he tried to kill her and Klaus when they still had their werewolf part dormant. He couldn't forget the time when he asked for forgiveness and Danielle granted it to him almost too quickly. And to this day, Elijah didn't think he was worthy of that forgiveness. "Hayley she's... she's not leaving her old room since we arrived. Someone needs to talk to her."

Klaus wanted to but he didn't know what to say to Hayley in this situation. So he stayed quiet and let Rebekah speak up, "I'll go. You boys help Freya and Davina before they go mad." She drops her hands to her side and casually walked to go upstairs again.