𝟸.𝟹: 𝙴𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢 𝙼𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛'𝚜 𝚂𝚘𝚗 (40)

-Narrator's perspective-

For every second that has gone by, the more Danielle felt like she was being tortured endlessly. She already had to deal with two older brothers let alone, three? Moreover so, a supposed dead older brother came back and she couldn't be more happy. Insert the sarcasm tone.

It wasn't always like this to the Mikaelsons. When they were mortal, the siblings actually did get along at some times. It would be a memorable and fun times but that wasn't until Henrik died. Everything changed including how they have to survive for a living. When they were vampires, both Klaus and Danielle triggered their curse. It made it reveal what involvement Esther had with the werewolf pack in their village, or near them. Drove Mikael mad and insane which lead to his massacre on the beasts of the night. He killed Danielle and Klaus' father and didn't even regret a second that had happened that night.

But as time progressed, both of the original hybrids had grown to expect the horrible things in life. Well, they should be since nothing can kill them. They have centuries to learn and observe.

The time in Mystic Falls, where Esther had came back and their siblings who were supposed to be daggered we're un-daggered, it almost lead to them being all killed. With all them linked and Finn sacrificing himself for all of them to be killed, it only forced the siblings to retaliate. Their mother's plan didn't work and both of them died. Now, they've come back and Danielle could have seen this coming from a long shot.

"What an aromatic Bordeaux." Finn exclaimed in satisfaction after he just received a glass of the beverage. His comment made the female in the room cringe and sat down besides her brother, Klaus.

"Well, it was a challenge to find a good pairing. What wine goes well with treachery?" Klaus asked while not having a mood for small talk and such.

"Don't pout, brother. Tonight is meant to be a happy occasion." He said simply after sitting down besides Elijah who started,

"What exactly are we celebrating?"

He looked over to the three on his right who had no mood for him. "Why, my return, ofcourse. Remember I spent... 900 years, right... lying daggered in a box." Both the hybrids grinned and didn't bother to hide it. "I'm rather enjoying this new body. Strolling about your lovely city that, uh, you've made your home. But do tell me... What'd I miss? Regale me with your contributions to society. Medicine? Philosophy? Art? Or have you three merely cut a path of destruction across time?"

"The last time we met, you were helping our mother try to annihilate the lot of us. Let's not throw stones in glass houses." Klaus waved him off.

The compelled humans were placing more plates around the table. "Are we expecting another guest?" Elijah questioned in slight annoyance.

"Mother will sit at the head." He pointed at the opposite side of where Niklaus sat. "And as for the seat across from me, that's reserved for another of our clan. Care to wager an educated guess? How about a paranoid one?"

Just by his words, Danielle's thoughts went directly to a brother of theirs. "It's unlikely for Kol to listen to the people who wanted him dead in the beginning."

"Yet Mother had made such a compelling argument that even he, the wildest of us Mikaelsons, has seen the error of his ways... and accepted his new form with vigor. Change, dear sister and brothers, is inevitable."