𝟸.𝟽: 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙳𝚎𝚟𝚒𝚕'𝚜 𝚃𝚊𝚒𝚕 (45)

-Narrator's perspective-

As the three arrived in a rather large tree, they saw the Orchid surrounded with Vervain.

"Vervain. It's everywhere." Klaus spat insightfully. "My relentless mother has set a trap."

His father looked back and lips formed into a gentle smile. "I'll retrieve the Merlock for you." Before he could walk away, his simple gesture had to be ruined.

"At what cost?" Doubtful of his intentions, Klaus asked.

It made Ansel throw the knife on the ground in frustration, stepping close to his son. "Why don't you use your vampire abilities to end your doubts? Search my mind. You'll see I'm not aligned with your mother."

"I have absolutely no interest in the inner workings of your brain." He said, looking in between the werewolf's eye.

"I'm surprised at your cowardice." The father replied and Klaus lets out an ironic 'Oh?' in his midst. "While you stand here in fear of me, your brother suffers further." It made Klaus narrow his eyes down at him one last time.

"Gather the Orchids." Klaus commanded and turned around, walking away to let him to the job.

Before Danielle could follow, she stopped in her tracks when Ansel called her to stop. She did and she wished she didn't and kept going. However, what's done was done when she turned around to meet her father's eyes. It made her wonder what it felt like to be looked at like that. Like a father's love.

"You haven't utter a word since my appearance." He started nervously. With his talk with Niklaus, he didn't want to end up in another argument with his daughter.

"I have nothing to say." She replied shortly, a tone of deniable in her voice which both knew they have heard.

"Your brother had lots to say." Ansel pointed out, grabbing the blade from the ground in a grunt to take it off the dirt. At truth, he felt an overjoyed emotion upon hearing her speak, finally.

"He always has lots to say." She flat out pointed out, taking a step closer to her father who looked a little surprised by her actions. "Niklaus trusts no one but himself."

"You're his sister." He said and the girl lightly shrugged. "I've watched both of you for centuries. Niklaus trusts you more than himself."

In his own words, Danielle already knew that her brother does indeed trust her. But after everything that happened for the past year, all the indifferent ways her sibling has done, she had no doubt but to stick to him as always.

"I don't understand." Danielle started, eyes flickering to her father in matters of seconds. Her tone was only a few blocks away from breaking down.

"What don't you understand?" He asked in a scrunched up eyebrows.

"How you're here." She answered and the man was about to answer her but she shook her head and continued. "It's been centuries. You should have found peace a millennium ago."

Her curiosity managed to crack up a smile in Ansel's face. "There is one thing I have only
wanted to do. Since I was alive was to take care of you and your brother." He said with full honesty. It didn't take long for Danielle to process it altogether. "I wanted to talk to you. I wanted to be there for when you were born."