𝟹.𝟼: 𝙱𝚎𝚊𝚞𝚝𝚒𝚏𝚞𝚕 𝙼𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚔𝚎 (76)

-Narrator's perspective-

There was a time when they stopped running. When the Mikaelsons has finally put down their father. When Klaus had the obsession of being a true hybrid alongside with his sister, Danielle. It was a dark period of time where their brother Finn died. Along with Kol. But that time, they died as the original vampires in the world. It was a time where Danielle wished she would come back to.

Atleast in that time, she didn't need to worry about the safety of one girl who caught her eyes. She didn't have to resist a tempting urge to be with someone. Besides the part where she had a murder-y feeling towards the Salvatore brothers. Especially Damon. That man always had a deathwish and she wondered if she should have killed him before leaving Mystic Falls.

Her life changed when Elijah called her. Saying that their brother got a werewolf pregnant. She was gullible enough to think that this was another short crisis. But when the moment that she laid her eyes on Hayley, she knew that she was wrong. Very wrong.

There she was. Standing in the middle of her room which was surprisingly well fixed. The bed was made. Her piano was not dusty as it should be. The wooden floorboards beneath her feet did not have any grain of dust. Everything which caught her eyes were clean. And it irritates her why it was. It was probably Elijah who compelled humans to clean the Abattoir. Which lead to why she was infuriated on not doing something as of today.

Though she recalled that her sister, Rebekah, might be in trouble but she was certain that Elijah and Freya could handle that. Meanwhile, Klaus was with Aurora somewhere around New Orleans. Which left her alone in the Compound. Nothing but her thoughts occupied her empty head.

In time, she somehow missed being carefree. There was only one certain year did she turn her humanity off. During those times, her siblings had hell to restrain her from doing anything drastic. Danielle turned her switch off and she was the first ever vampire who did so. Because of her seperation from Estella, she felt the need to flip something in her. Flip something off and it worked just by a snap of a finger. She couldn't feel anything. She couldn't feel guilt, remorse, to love, the love of her siblings- nothing, really. It was as if all those emotions were placed in a garbage bin, she lit a match and threw it there like it was all nothing.

It all burned. And she did nothing but watch as it went and go.

Over the times, Klaus was the first one who understood why his sister was feeling like this. Ofcourse he suspected- in the day she turned it off- that his sibling was acting off. She would carelessly drain every human she could lay eyes on, act as if Estella was nobody to her, run around and insult her siblings for being too nosy. Klaus didn't know how it could happen until he was smart enough to remind his little sister that Estella meant the world to her. He might be a little distant at her during the time in Count de Martel's home but he could always see who sparks Danielle's attention. Everytime that the girl would spiral down, lose control, he was always there. The biggest mistake of his life was plunging the Tunde Blade in her chest, acting like he was siding with the enemy.

And it broke Danielle's heart. Not only did she got betrayed by the brother whom she stayed with since the beginning of time, she lost- temporarily- the woman who made her very undead heart beat again. She didn't know what she's seen in Hayley to make her fall hopelessly in love, but she knew coming back to New Orleans was one of the best decisions she's
made. Because seeing the Marshall turned her world. It made her want to be a better person but didn't know where to start.