𝟷.𝟷𝟼: 𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚎𝚠𝚎𝚕𝚕 𝚃𝚘 𝚂𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚢𝚟𝚒𝚕𝚕𝚎 (23)

-Narrator's perspective-

In attempts of nervousness of what Klaus might do to them, Danielle was sitting on the floor with her back leaned on the wall. She didn't spare her sister that was on the opposite side of her a look. Rebekah just finished on talking to Marcel alone fromthe other side of the cemetery and arrived to see a silent hybrid in the small room.

Her own thoughts betrayed her when Hayley invaded it. All she could think about was how the werewolf was to be betrothed sooner. A part of her knew that Hayley will never marry someone who she just met. Danielle knew that but her fear of being heartbroken to the thought were just as resentful.

Though she has never actually faced her likeness towards Hayley, She knew that once the Marshall will reunite with her true clan and family, Danielle was going to lose her for good. It drove her insane on the inside but outside if you'd glance at her way, you would see an unreadable expression plastered on her face.

The bare thinking of how Hayley had the power to break her into a millions of pieces was unnerving and unsettling to her. Which is why she was grateful that a clan of her bloodline wolves will steal her away.

Even though she didn't want that, it was better off than having to associate with Hayley everyday. And by each day that passes, the pregnant wolf will continously break down the immortal hybrid's wall without even knowing it.

"Why protect me?" Finally, Rebekah asked in a frown. It was like that hours ago she just fought with her sister and now Danielle was protecting her from their lunatic brother. "Why help me?"

"Believe it or not, Rebekah, I still love you as my sister." She explained blankly, not taking her eyes off the ring on her finger which she bared since Kol died. "I made a vow just like you did. And for me, I wish to honor it."

Not really having the words to say, Rebekah stayed silent. Both the girls were listening to Elijah's and Klaus' conversation a few distance away from them. Moreover Rebekah who was listening in fear.

When Elijah's anguish screams was heard, the Mikaelson sisters stood up in shock. "You. Stay here." She commanded and about to head before Rebekah pushed her to a wall.

"Forgive me, sister. I'm going to talk to Nik on my own." She said and just before Rebekah could snap her neck, Danielle shoved her behind, turning around in swift movements

"He will kill you without even batting an eyelash." She threatened.

"I suppose that's true." Klaus spoke from behind them and held her brunette's sister in a chokehold, Danielle not even fighting back. "But Rebekah is right. We need to have a talk, alone."

Danielle squirmed under her brother's hold against her and mustered to talk. "Just do it, Nik. You know very well that I will just forgive you even if you snap my neck a million times over. For your sake, do it." She whispered, holding his arm while tears spilled down her cheeks.

Hearing her sister's words made Klaus close his eyes and snap her neck quickly. As much as her sister's sudden betrayal against him hurts, he knew in due time they would make up. They were, afterall, inseperable.

In times, Danielle woke up with no worry again. She stood up and looked outside to the sky, the moon arose above the sky. Her ears perked up and heard her brother, Elijah's, breathless breathing occur.