Chapter 236: How Dracovallis met Avenass

Caliban was sitting in the library of his mother's Castle with Aciano who was in his five year old form. He was laying on his back with his feet up in the air against the wall. He was kicking his feet back and forth in the air while studying a book on origami with such a focused level of interest in his eyes that was adorable to witness. Viviana was lounging beside her boyfriend on the Roman style couch, busy admiring his voice as he hummed a tune while reading from an old but well maintained book.

 Viviana was lounging beside her boyfriend on the Roman style couch, busy admiring his voice as he hummed a tune while reading from an old but well maintained book

Caliban shifted his eyes towards his girlfriend and smirked softly as he continued reading while humming that same tune. Little Aciano finally looked up from his book and grinned with a childlike happiness at the upside down person his butterflies had informed of their entry into the Library.

"Hello Queen Demonia!"

Viviana jolted with an adorable bat-like squeak that had Aciano giggling and Caliban smiling adoringly before turning towards his mother.

"Hello—mother?"

Demonia was frozen in between the isle of bookcases leading to the sitting area by the windows. Caliban closed his book in concern.

"Mother? What's wrong?"

Demonia's voice wavered. "Where...where did you learn that song?"

"This book the Stone Giants told me you have. Are these really Grandma's songs. They're beautiful...mom?"

Demonia was in tears as they slowly fell down her face. Viviana sat up straight and looked like she desperately wanted to say something but was unsure of how to go about it. Aciano was now in his nine year old form with a worried gaze as butterflies fluttered around him.

Caliban stood up and walked over to his mother and took her hands before guiding her over to the Roman styled lounging couch by the window where Viviana had previously been laying on

Caliban stood up and walked over to his mother and took her hands before guiding her over to the Roman styled lounging couch by the window where Viviana had previously been laying on. She moved to the chair Caliban had been sitting in to allow the mother and son the space to sit together.

"I had forgotten about that book..." Demonia smiled softly as she took off her mask to wipe her eyes.

Aciano returned to his five year old form as he looked up at her from his spot on the floor with his feet still dangling up in the air and gently kicking against the wall. "The tune sounds happy. I like it!"