Chapter 240: Caliban and Viviana's Love Story...part 1

"I've been having these weird dreams ever since I was sent here...I uhh...only just mastered painting in the realistic style. The paintings never make sense to me, just like my dreams. The bits and pieces I do remember of my dreams have the peoples faces always being blurry, so I tend to draw the little details like designs on clothes, flowers, or butterflies. Sometimes it's just a single color or a weird black fire design that'd be really cool as face paint! It's annoying though...knowing they're my memories but not understanding why it's important to me..."

Aciano's appearance shrunk to that adorable five year old form

Aciano's appearance shrunk to that adorable five year old form. "What do you guys think?"

Caliban leaned over slightly as he examined the painting. He pulled off a pretty impressive thinking face as he hummed in intrigue.

"Hmmmmmmmm?"

Viviana just looked apprehensively surprised

Viviana just looked apprehensively surprised. Like a spooked bat that's woken up from it's nap time. She blinked and muttered.

"Uhhhhhhh..."

(Author's note: The Italics below was solely thought about within Viviana's mind. It's not something she'd tell Aciano about during her retelling of certain events during the month of Caliban's awkwardness and sly flirting.)

Caliban had told Viviana all he knew of Aciano's past and she understands why Caliban and the rest of the Castle were so dead set on keeping it a secret. In the short time she's gotten to know Aciano she was being reminded time and time again that when Aciano wanted to...he can be just as scary and dangerously bloodthirsty with vengeance as any other demon in Hell.

Which is why Viviana knew that if Aciano ever learned the truth about the reason he was "gifted" to Demonia was just to ensure a means of keeping him far away from Rasim, well—he'd likely get himself killed trying to free that Arabian Demon from Dread Keep single-handedly!

Now, as Aciano looked up at her with those big innocent eyes Viviana was unable to think of anything to say. Caliban's eyes shifted towards her and then he hastily shifted them back towards the painting and spoke.