Chapter 267: So what if this kid turned me 🤬 soft you jackass? He's My Protégée!

Xander waited...it felt like an eternity but he knew it was likely only a few minutes at best, an hour at worst.

He was staring blankly at his hands...they were still coated in blood. Dennis's blood.

Miraculously his previously injured hand had already healed—by his sheer stubbornness forcing it to heal so he could carry Dennis into the 🤬 ambulance that's only ever used in cases where demons are likely going to be permanently missing a few limbs.

He's been the cause for a few of those demonic ambulance rides...he and his fur babies get hungry for fresh meat. However, in Dennis's case it's not a limb that's being lost, it's his entire eye...his left eye.

Xander's hands gripped at his kneecaps and his clawed nails were digging into his skin. He didn't feel any pain though. Never self inflicted, he's desensitized to his own pain...those archangel's however like to gloat with their abilities...it really pisses him off.

Crymini was sitting beside him in a worried silence. She had requested for Cogsworth to stay silent on this situation with those at the Hotel and the others that are in affiliation until they were both sure that Dennis was going to be okay...

She's still trying to process everything that lead to that outcome. How quickly it had turned for Dennis to be losing an eye and how furious Xander will likely become once he finds out exactly who did this...

She slowly turned her eyes towards Xander. She's worried about him. His smile is so tense and strained by a sea of turbulent emotions right now. It's like a hurricane. She was sitting on his left side and naturally her eyes were drawn towards the strange glowing diamond eyepatch that took the place of his left eye.

"X-Xander...can I ask you something...I know it's personal but I noticed how you reacted with Dennis and I can't help wondering but—what happened to your—?"

She silenced the moment she she saw the oppressive black smoking aura surrounding him. She slowly looked up and paled beneath her fur as the image of a shadowy man was staring down at her.

Xander spoke with a dangerous tone as he sat on that uncomfortable plastic chair

Xander spoke with a dangerous tone as he sat on that uncomfortable plastic chair. "No."

Crymini looked at him then slowly glanced back up at Kalfu's menacing presence currently looming over Xander with a silent promise of enacting her double-death.

She gulped and nodded. "Okay...touchy subject. Got it. I won't ask again..."

Xander didn't acknowledge her as he was staring down at his hands and muttered.

"...I 🤬 hate Hospitals..."

Crymini guessed he didn't think she heard him over how tense he got when she place her hand over his and whispered. "Yeah...me to."

Before he could comment the emergency room doors opened and Xander immediately stood up with a angry rant. "Took you 🤬 long enough!"

Dennis's parents were silent and Xander's smile was twitching in irritation when he finally noticed the clock about the doors.