Chapter 381: "I can see the truth through the lies." - Uriel

The Prophets Warning: by Anne Kathrin Dern (feat. KIA & Andrew John Napier)
————————————————

Uriel knelt down and wipes his brother's eyes with a handkerchief.

Lucifer stared at Uriel in shock as he saw through his brother's disguise and stared into the pale blue eyes of his eldest brother. He sniffs and immediately wraps his arms around his brother in a trembling hug. Uriel soothes him.

"It'll be alright, I'm here. I'm here now and I'm not leaving you alone."

"You're..."

"Lucifer...I know what you're going to ask me, but...no. I'm only here to help Lilith. Seeing you is a blessing for this old heart, but I can't stay here longer than what is necessary. I promise you though, I will visit you and spend time with my niece and nephews one day in the future, I just need a little more time to get my own emotions surrounding Hell in check."

He saw Charlie nod in understanding as he added.

"Once Jophiel's had her week of leisure with you all at the end of the year...I'll consider visiting. Raguel however, he will be a little more challenging regarding his duties at the portal and his mental instability to not immediately want to storm Dread Keep and exterminate Draegan Dread..."

Uriel's eyes briefly shift towards the leftmost corner on the opposite side of the room...where he could sense shadowy eyes peering in on them.

"Or hunt down Xander William Fink and exact his own version of angelic justice for our slaughtered siblings."

He gave Kalfu a fierce warning glare with his disguised eyes flashing an intimidating electric blue before returning to their fake golden color.

The shadowy eyes immediately retreated.

...Back in the asylum...

Xander is lying flat on the ground with his hand resting over his rapidly beating heart. His chest feels like it's being crushed by a ten ton pressure of simply looking directly into Uriel's eyes.

That raw power...

The calmness Uriel showed to him while staring him down is not one of a pacifist, no...it's one of a strategic mastermind with the immense willpower to ignore his urges for bodily violence against another...........for now...

Xander gulps. He's literally stared down Death himself and 'lived', has been psychically assaulted by both Michael and Micah, but this — THIS is the closest Xander's ever felt to true fear.

"K-Kalfu...whenever the Justice Angel decides to visit Hell..." he gulps as his throat goes dry. "We're going into 🤬 hiding and we're not leaving until he's gone. Same goes for the Truth Angel once he gets his ducks in a row."

...Back to Uriel...

Uriel shifted his eyes down towards his grief stricken little brother and hums a familiar song. Lucifer calms down but doesn't let him go. Uriel smiles fondly as he rests his chin on top of Lucifer's head.

"I'm not going to vanish on you Lucifer. I do have a job to do."

Lucifer blinks as he slowly removes himself from his brother's arms.

"What...what are you going to do?"

"What I did for Azrael all those many months ago after his dream premonition."

Uriel revealed his bag of medicinal supplies and set it on the foot of the bed.

"I'm going to enter Lilith's mind and help her fight through the hallucinations that seek to keep her from the truth."