Chapter 375: A relationship exposed - How Captain Morgan lost his arm

Dread Keep.

...Set during the time Aciano and Amelia are visiting Cogsworth at the Clockshop for Tea Time...

Kainani was only half paying attention to the conversations going on around her as she was meditating with Jinlong in the main lounge for the other Executives of Dread Industries. Jayr is out in Envy making something out of his lackluster management skills after being nonverbally threatened by Jinlong and then told straight up by a temperamentally volatile Draegan that he better shape the 🤬 up before the impending business meeting in Envy and treat this seriously. Especially with Jinlong as his colleague.

It still makes Kainani smirk knowing Jayr Aikia is intimidated by her dear friend and their Boss.

The only reason Kainani is in the Executives lounge after being demoted to a lower rank is because of Jinlong and the impartiality of Alexander Morgan.

No one wants to face Jinlong's umbrella judgment, or Morgan's twitchy trigger finger. Not even Carmilla wants to see that...so she dials it back on the teasing whenever the two demons are around Kainani.

Kainani was grateful for that because Carmilla is a grade-A bitch. She's tuning out most of what was being said by the Kitsune demoness, but came out of her meditation when she heard a snippet of something being said about Clover and Morgan.

It caught her attention and considering they're in the presence of Carmilla and Black, who still have a bet going on about when Clover and Morgan will finally confess their feelings and properly get together...Kainani's never been shy in showing off her extensive evidence of blackmail surrounding the two demons.

For all his posh demeanor and that mafia bred smugness, Roland Clover was left stuttering over the boldness of Carmilla's teasing words once his drunken "Where's The Rum Gone?" escapade was brought up offhandedly by Morgan as payback for Carmilla teasing him about his own drunken comments about his protectiveness of Roland.

Carmilla's eyes locked onto a now stuttering Roland as he spoke.

"I-I wasn't really paying attention to how much I was drinking at the time. I-I was only in the state of mind to-" Roland abruptly stopped, freezing over his unspoken thoughts, his eyes shifting towards a nonchalant looking Morgan, who only smirks from behind the rim of his rum glass when their eyes locked.

Morgan sips at his glass of rum before he arches a brow at the stuttering Mafia Boss. Kainani watches as Roland's face slowly went from pink to bright red at Morgan's smug-ass wink before Morgan tipped his head back and downed the rest of his rum.

The bobbing of his adams apple as he swallowed his drink caused Roland to shudder and Kainani to mentally gag in disgust over the painfully obvious sexual tension that's radiating off Roland and her adoptive father figure in waves

It's nauseating...

Kainani groans as she spoke to her adoptive father figure. "Oh please don't tease the poor fool around me like that ever again. I'm going to vomit up my morning tea if you continue flirting with each other."