Chapter 248: The prayers of Israel & The Burning Bush

Long after the time of the Prophet Joseph and the famines of Egypt—when those of Joseph's generation were buried to become dust in the fields or entombed within the sands—a new Pharaoh came into power within the lands of Egypt.

This Pharaoh chose to forego the promises of peaceful coexistence his predecessor made with the Prophet Joseph and the Israelites in favor of ruling over them as the greater ethnicity.

It was not something that gained him any favors from his (gods).

The Archangel's were fidgeting around in their tasks. Each wishing to act over this injustice but unable to because it would be against their Father's will.

Azrael looks at them and sees a rumbling thunderstorm that's impatiently waiting to become the bolt of lightning that'll strike the head of this overzealous Pharaoh.

Uriel's calm facade turned into a sneer one day when Azrael was bored and strolled into the All Seeing Eye room for a chat with the calm one among their merry band of siblings.

"What is that vile snake discussing with his merry band of idiots now Uriel?"

"Nothing good. See for yourself little brother."

Azrael looked into the orb and his anger towards this Pharaoh grew tenfold...
——————————————————————

"Look," The Pharaoh said to his chief advisors and court magicians as he gestured beyond the courtyards and down to the city where the Israelites and the Egyptian people went going about their lives, "the Israelites have become far too numerous for us."

Pharaoh turned his eyes towards his favored officials and spoke with a tone laced in malice.

"We must deal with them shrewdly or they will become more numerous than the grains of sand west of the setting sun. If a war breaks out, then they will be strong enough to join our enemies and overwhelm us."

The Pharaoh stared out into the city. "They will fight against us and it will leave our country in ruins. Therefore, they are to be treated as beasts of the fields. Let them toil their lives away in servitude towards the very gods they so boldly deny..."

——————————————————————

Within Heaven...

The All Seeing Eye room was frozen over.

Azrael slowly lifted his head so he has to look down in order to gaze upon the orb with his barely concealed fury. The only sound that was heard within the room was Azrael's heavy breathing as his face slowly morphed into a full on snarl. He had all of his repressed ire towards that Pharaoh displayed within a single glare. He left to personally summon the rest of his siblings regarding the plan this Pharaoh has in store for the Israelites.

The Egyptians put slave masters over the Israelites to oppress them with forced labor, but the more they were oppressed, the more they multiplied and spread. So the Egyptians came to dread the Israelites and worked them ruthlessly until they died!

The Egyptians made their lives bitter in the tasks of creating mud bricks, quarrying stones, and mixing mortar for the construction of the cities and temples. Those that were tasked with all kinds of backbreaking work within the fields shared the same harsh treatment as the slaved builders.

The oppression was so great the Israelites cried out for mercy.

Gabriel was overwhelmed by the endless prayers and his only response was that God was testing the Israelites faith for they had swayed from his words over the years after the Prophet Joseph's death to worship the many idol gods of Egypt.