Chapter 363: Aciano's Memory part 3 - Liberation

Warbringer: by TheFatRat (feat Lindsey Stirling)
————————————————

All eyes stared at Aciano in absolute horror.

Viviana was in tears in Caliban's lap while Caliban just stares at his emotionally numb best friend with abject horror plastered onto his already pale white face.

Vlad is slowly shaking his head and trying desperately to not have his mind recreate the sounds of the child's screaming...he was failing miserably if the random flinching and bloody tears were anything to go by.

Demonia was so horrified that she's squeezing the life out of a pillow to avoid squeezing the life out of Grimm Fang who wisely gifted her the pillow to spare his poor ribcage.

Elizabeth was dry heaving into a trash can, she slowly lifted her head to stare up at Aciano in tears before immediately lowering her head to dry heave even louder into the trash can. No doubt she's wishing she could actually vomit right now.

A few of the Night Sisters looked like they were reliving a good portion of their worst nightmares inflicted on then from their own tragic pasts.

When Aciano spoke again it's with not real emotion, but he somehow manages to smile. "I only know what happened next because of Wu-Laoshi filling me in on the aftermath once I woke up..."
————————————————

Aciano's Memory...

Aciano first woke up to the feeling of warmth encompassing him. It felt like he was sleeping on a fluffy woolen cloud. He was still laying on his stomach though, so he was likely just delirious and imagining it all up. He then felt something was wrapped around his body. He scrunched up his eyebrows in confusion but didn't dare open his eyes, because...this can't be right?

He knows the weight and feel of the cooler and softer silken bandages compared to the rough scratchiness of the woolen fiber cloth bandages against open wounds. This abnormality has left him confused and immediately on edge.

Because Black has never once bandaged him up after a punishment.

The most Black will do is wait for Aciano's injuries to be mostly healed before dressing him up in his cloak that will get stained red with blood. Blood that Aciano will have to wash out once he's lucid enough to actually function.

Bandages are a 🤬 luxury and wrapping him up after a punishment...that's all on him.

Only once has Aciano gotten his hands on the good quality bandages, and that was only when he was out on a job and had to steal some from one of the few large apothecaries in Hell outside the Ring of 🤬 Pride at the time...and that's in the sleepy, lazy as 🤬, happy drug obsessed Ring of Sloth.

Aciano's views of the Ring of Sloth are described as such: *Most of Sloth's denizens are very lazy, depressed, detached from reality, illiterate, drugged out of their 🤬 minds and totally dependent on Sloth's Hellhound servants (in the future it'll be fully robotic servants while Hellhounds are treated as pets) to help them with every single thing they require just to function in their day-to-day lives. Also their apothecary industry is shitty as 🤬 and the entire Ring is run by that prejudiced old asshole of a Ruler who hates Hellhounds enough to make them indentured servants!*

Two places that Aciano's aware of in Sloth are listed as followed and heavily slandered by the boy.

St. An's Apothecary

(Future name is changed to St. An's Hospital)

Aciano views — The name alone in both the past and the present is abhorrent enough to make Aciano feel sick to his stomach.