Chapter 238: Viviana's Story part 2...The Butterfly, The Prince, & The Letter

Dinner was interesting. There were two seats left vacant. Viviana suspects the one at the end near the wall was Aciano's—because of the blue butterflies all over the chair—while the other chair—positioned on the opposite side of Queen Demonia Dread and her husband Vlad Dracula Tepes—belongs to this mysterious someone.

Viviana periodically darted her eyes towards the butterflies and smiled softly as they fluttered in place as though acknowledging her. Elizabeth set a bowl of Hellish nectar in front of the chair. A few butterflies at a time would drink from the nectar before returning to the chair. Viviana giggled softly as a few butterflies fluttered around her before one landed on her nose.

Demonia smiled softly and chided kindheartedly as she cut a piece of her dinner.

"Aciano enough teasing her with the butterflies. Let her eat please."

The butterflies returned to the chair.

Viviana giggled as the butterfly on her nose was the last to fly away. "Oh I don't mind. We never had anything this pretty and brightly colorful like that before back at the cave. And no my two toned hair color doesn't count."

Suddenly a skull snout appeared underneath the table on her lap. "Whoa someone's eager for free scrapes! Heya puppy sorry about the injured paw. No hard feelings?"

Grimm Fang sniffed obnoxiously before licking at her hand. Viviana always wanted a pet growing up but her family never allowed it.

They didn't allow a lot of things...

Elizabeth shuddered at the unsanitary action while Demonia discreetly handed Viviana a napkin.

Vlad reprimands the skull-demon dog.

"Grimm Fang stop begging! You've already had your dinner!"

Grimm Fang's snout vanished underneath the table before the entire head appeared next to Demonia who smirked softly and scratched Grimm Fang's ear.

Vlad rolled his eyes as he lifted his chalice of blood to his lips. "Spoiled brat."

Viviana giggled and continued eating. She has a good feeling now, unlike before, that she's going to fit in just fine with them. It felt like she belonged here...

But...her eyes couldn't help staring at the empty chair beside hers with confused trepidation.

Who's opinion of her would be so important that it has a Queen being mindful of her words to the point of being cautionary towards certain discussions?

...Also—Who's Clothing Is She Currently Wearing Right Now?

Because it sure as heck ain't the butterfly boy's clothes?!

...Brief Interval...
——————————————————————

Viviana paused in her story to chuckle softly as a butterfly suddenly landed on her nose. She looked down at a giggling Aciano as the butterfly returned back to his swarm that covered him in a blanket of luminescent wings.

"You playful little scamp. You couldn't resist the nostalgia?"

"Nope! Return to storytelling please!"

"Hmmmmm, where was I at again?"

"You're gonna be meeting me next!!!"

"Ah yes, how could I forget the moment I met this adorable little goofball?"
——————————————————————

Later that night...

Viviana couldn't sleep, it's been like that for a while anyway since she was on her own in an unpredictable and dangerous world before getting here.