Chapter 384: ...Jinlong's Gone Feral...Part 2

Warring Kingdoms: by Steve Syz - Atom Music Audio

Find his album on ITunes: https://music.apple.com/us/album/warring-kingdoms/1674634381?i=1674634392
———————————————

Farouk was running as buildings toppled and demons fell around him as he made his mad dash back to the hookah bar.

The one place in this entire block wide destruction, that was spared from any severe structural damages. (Minus the hole in the roof.)

The one place where everything had long since gone to shit for them the second Jinlong entered into that building.

His girlfriend's chemicals are blanketing the streets like a dense fog. He sees the denizens that managed to flee the destruction zones are now falling victim to the chemicals. Those that have lasted longer than most have created face masked from their own clothes in an attempt to curb the chemicals effects, but it won't be enough.

Despite some of the demons attempting to aid in dragging or carrying the fallen to safety, it quickly becomes clear that they have to flee or risk joining them on the ground.

Farouk was about to scream at them to just leave the fallen and to run away, but his voice left him when a soul shattering scream entered his ears from inside that hookah bar.

"GRAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!"

Farouk felt his soul leaving his body at the sound of that scream.

"...Lilith..."

He was so scared about whatever the 🤬 was happening to Lilith and Mariya within that hookah bar that he foolishly stopped running and started to take notice of the damages surrounding him.

The one hundred swords were scattered all across the entire street.

Everywhere he looked he can see the swords embedded into burning piles of rubble, jutting out of rooftops, positioned at diagonal angles and pinned between the exposed wooden beams of the damaged buildings (without cutting through), stabbed tip first into plaster walls without shattering the blades, and impaled through the bodies of...people.

*🤬 I made a big mistake! I can't let him attack Mariya or Lilith.*

Farouk was so scared for how he could possibly stop Jinlong from possibly fighting against Lilith and Mariya that he narrowly missed seeing all the swords starting to shake violently around him.

Farouk saw how the swords were shaking before they were dislodged from whatever it was they had been embedded into. The swords hovered in place for a few seconds, before rapidly zipping past him.

*It's as though the sword pommels are magnetized to return to their owners side.*

It's that sudden thought that has Farouk paling in dread.

When he looks over his shoulder he immediately turns back around and starts running towards the hookah bar while screaming at the top of his lungs towards the remaining denizens to run away if they still valued their afterlives.

"LEAVE! 🤬 RUN! GET AWAY FROM HERE NOW IF YOU STILL VALUE FOR YOUR AFTERLIVES!"

He vaults over a large pile rubble and his voice turns frantic and high pitched as he screams.

"RUN! RUN WHILE YOU STILL 🤬 CAN! HE'S GOING TO ATTACK AGAIN! DON'T JUST STAND THERE! 🤬 RUNNNNN!"