Chapter 269: An Epic Battle?

Charlie, the goat boys, Vaggie, and Lilith watched in anticipation as Lucifer wore the silken robes he wore against his battle with Draegan, while Michael wore his other set of training armor.

Azrael was the referee.

Lucifer smirked as his eyes closed. He was listening to the slightest change in sound from his brother. He opened his glowing eyes and two light swords appeared within his hands.

He smirked wickedly, lunged, and pushed himself off the ground leaving a crater and a cloud of dust behind him. He was a rapid blur of light as he charged with his twin light swords raised in a stabbing maneuver!

One second and twelve inches of separation was all it took for Michael to open his glowing white eyes and summon his favorite sparring sword.

It belonged to Hakim

Michael blocked the light swords and smirked as he effortlessly sent Lucifer flying with a flick of his wrist. Lucifer was forced into a hastily maneuvered block as Michael immediately charged at him. Michael yelled with determination as he swung an over the shoulder blow down towards Lucifer's head. Lucifer spun on his heels and blocked the edge of the blade with his light swords in a X.

Lucifer blinked over the familiar sword as the razor sharp edge was inches away from cutting his forehead. He also realized just how similar Michael's fighting style was to Hakim's fighting techniques right now...

From the scars that graced his older brother's body like art—to his adaptive fighting techniques—Michael is a warrior of Hakim's caliber and with Micah's mental tutelage he's a dangerous sparring partner.

Michael smirked and knees Lucifer in the scrotum! Azrael winced in sympathy.

Lucifer whimpered and his eyes turned red over the low blow. Michael smirked because that's what Lucifer did to him during his first sparring match. Hakim taught Lucifer that move.

Michael backed away and was immediately charged at by a furious Lucifer and they clashed blades in a fierce battle. They were going all out! All throughout the fight both Lucifer and Michael were getting glimpses of Hakim in their movements.

Lucifer sneered as his mind was remembering some of the things a few of the trainees used to say about Hakim.

How he was to reckless and wild. How that's why he died. And now Michael's turned into a overbearing taskmaster with the combat training! Even worse than AZRAEL all because Lucifer had become just like Hakim—but he did it as a way of honoring his legacy!

He'd show them all! He fought harder than ever before to earn his title of Archangel!

Hakim believed he could do it and he did!

He proved everyone else who tried to dissuade him about the error's of their words! Michael included...

Lucifer was jolted out of his mind when Hakim's old sword clashed with his light swords as Michael was pushing him back but Lucifer refused to submit.