Interview - Illuso x Reader [Cult, Deity AU]

Note: Journalist Reader has been forced to stay in the community to prevent them from leaking information about the King's to the public.

**Same AU as the 'Illuso, Melone, Risotto (Deity AU)' chapter**

TW: none,

"So where did the three of you come from?" You were able to catch Illuso during his leisure hours and took the chance to get some answers. Now that you'd be staying with them you decided to collect information about the "kings" so you'd feel more comfortable in your new surroundings. Whenever you would come across another member of the unique cult and ask the most basic questions about the "kings" they'd either shrug their shoulders or tell you some ridiculous theories.

If you were going to be forced to stay in this mess you might as well create a more reliable source of information to get a better understanding. Maybe then you wouldn't be as quick to write them off as some parasites that decided to prey on gullible people for food, or whatever it is they gain from this.

"I can't really say, one moment we didn't exist, then suddenly I was aware of my newfound individuality, I thought I was alone but then I came across Risotto and Melone who looked just as confused as I was" he watched as Lyell placed the baked goods in front of you and a fresh cup of tea, nodding slightly to thank him before staring back into your eyes "What do you plan on doing with this information? I thought you were above joining a pyramid scheme, have you lost your job?" You could almost hear Illuso's smirk as he asked you.

"No, I just don't understand anything about you or your...husbands? Spouses?... are you guys related if you have the same origin?"

"We aren't "related" or born as you would be, we just happened to find one another while trying to discover our purpose and a place to call home, weren't you listening?" you ignore his teasing and let out a hum as you jotted down the details onto your notebook and erased your previous comments.

"You know, we've never forgotten a single one of our lovers" Illuso now placed his head on top of his folded hands and stared off into the distance as he found himself smiling at the memory. "we still remember the very first human we fell for" he spoke dreamily as the thought of his deceased lovers filled his mind.

"What do you mean? Where's this coming from?" Your brow raised while you finished adding his sudden input.

"We also treat each and everyone of our lovers and children the same, not choosing favorites or excluding any one since they all have our hearts. It may seem impossible to you but given our abilities it isn't hard to manage" Illuso continued not bothering to answer you.

"I'm not an idiot" his eyes follow your small movements, watching you shift in the chair still confused at the sudden change in his way of speaking. "You only came here to find out why everyone was here, why they are so willing to do anything for us, to find proof that we must be giving false promises or controlling their actions, but you will learn that that isn't the case as Risotto has told you before" At first Illuso had his usual teasing tune but now he sounds as if he's irritated.

You didn't have to say it, the way you looked at people as they talked passionately about their interactions with the kings, the way you'd roll your eyes when asked if you wanted to join Melone's cuddle session that included thirty other people. You were still judging their lifestyle, thinking the people to be naive and gullible for believing anything they have said. Illuso was more than capable of having patience but he could not stand your ignorance and the way you'd blatantly disrespected everyone all because this lifestyle isn't for you.

"You've been staying in our community for almost a month now and can't name a single person, too worried that someone will harm you or drag you to some dark hole and force you to do something ridiculous like offer your soul to us. Can you name an occasion where one of my lovers drugged you? Or perhaps dragged you into their room to force you to praise us? Better yet, have you heard anyone say they were here against their will or that they've been abused?" Now leaning back into the sofa with his arms crossed over his chest, Illuso stared into your eyes waiting for you to come up with another silly theory.

"Well I know for sure that I didn't ask to be here, so excuse me for being cautious of my surroundings and thinking that I'd be forced into joining your little cult, guess that kind of thinking isn't normal after being abducted" had you come here willingly you'd understand where Illuso was coming from but that's not the case. You could care less about a group of people worshipping some deities and creating a sustainable community with said deities! The problem is that they are holding you hostage, out of fear of you "threatening their lifestyle".

You slid your pen into the prongs of your notebook more than ready to head back to the room they've placed you in. There's no sense in having a debate when he can't see it from your point of view, too stuck on the idea that you're planning to cause trouble. The funny thing is, you had already deleted any previous information about them out of respect for their privacy once you learned more about the people and heard their stories. Had you not been snatched from your home in the middle of the night you never would've thought that there was something weird going on.

"I thought we've been over this already, we can't have you publishing stories or telling too many people about our community. It could cause problems and possibly put everyone in danger considering humanity's paranoia about things they don't understand, had you not been snooping around you'd have been on your way back to your hometown by now"

"Leaving me to either join you or die right?" you scoffed

"You have got to be the most dramatic person I've met, you could join the community and try to start a life here or you could continue to suck the joy out of every room you enter for the sake of maintaining your sanity how you do now, either one is fine"