Old Friends {Pesci}

Tw: Non-Con, Humiliation, Sexual Harassment, Drugging, Degrading, Blackmail, Abduction, Victim Blaming & Shaming

     "Look Pesci, we're not going to be hanging out much anymore, the rest of the team is finally giving me a chance and I don't want you ruin it for me"

     Looking down at his feet, Pesci wondered what it'd take to get you to be a good person for once. Almost every encounter he's had with you always ended with him being taunted or ridiculed. You've only been assigned to this team about four months ago and chose to take on a malicious character.

     During your first few days on the squad Pesci was there to guide you, along with Prosciutto, and you seemed to like him. The others didn't really care for your presence and never made an effort to befriend you; they only reminded you that your job wasn't to make friends, only to take care of your target and keep it pushing.

     Except Pesci.

     He understood your need to create a bond and maybe get to a place where you could call the team your friends. You weren't entirely tainted by the insidious ways of the mafia. There was still a heart inside of you craving some form of normalcy. Not wanting to accept the fact that being here, in the execution squad, further proved how much your life had changed.

     You only wanted a friend. When the others went their separate ways after the meetings he always caught up to you to invite you to dinner. You used to be friendly with him in the beginning, but things changed when you got a sliver of attention from the others. It was an instant shift in your friendship.

     Pesci wasn't needed anymore. Once you've reached the fourth month everyone starts warming up to you. Illuso and you became two peas in a pod and always seemed to run off into the mirror world. Probably to talk your shit about everyone else. It was no secret that Illuso had a penchant for keeping drama alive and well within the squad.

*** *** ***

     You've been around Gelato long enough to know that you had been drugged. He'd always warn you about the dangers of clubbing alone and tried to quiz you on date rape drugs and how to recognize them.

     Whatever it was didn't set off any alarms prior to stealing your consciousness. You were on your side with your arms tied behind your back. It was obvious Pesci wasn't the best at holding a hostage. Mind racing a mile a minute, you tried to remember how this happened.

     You were at Pesci's house since he pleaded for you to give your friendship one more chance. The guilt from having teased and unnecessarily mistreating the person that gave you a chance when no one else would, persuaded you to at least play along.

     When you walked into the home a wave of nostalgia began to wash over you. The memories of having a small sleep over that consisted of you and Pesci. Prosciutto chastised him for arranging one as if the two of you were still kids. Yet, the both of you still enjoyed your night of snacks and movies. Pesci even taught you some of his favorite recipes from childhood.

     Before you could move towards the living room Pesci guided you towards the dining table. He had made acqua pazza. The first time he served you this dish, the two of you decided to rest at his home after running around Italy to finish off a passione member that had gone rogue.

     The two of you were having a decent conversation as if you've never changed. For a moment your chest became heavy with guilt again, realizing you've tarnished a great friendship. Maybe that's what distracted you from the drug Pesci used.