Is Melone Still Abusive?

Request: So I was wondering ever since I read the chapter "Violent Melone" If Melone (after he punched darling) does get physically or verbally abusive towards darling.

TW: implied child abuse, domestic abuse,

The only reason hit you was to protect the child, not because he wanted to! It just seemed like that was the only way to make you stop ruining the relationship. You were literally bullying the child when they've done nothing but love you! What else was he supposed to do? That wasn't supposed to represent your new life or anything. It was just the adrenaline and frustration, nothing more, nothing less.

Although Melone genuinely hates what you did, he doesn't plan on beating you again. It would defeat the purpose of his outburst since it'll create a toxic environment for your child. He also doesn't like the thought of mistreating you for the rest of his life. The goal was to create a beautiful family, filled with love and understanding. He can't reach it by using brute force. Instead, Melone will give you time to recover and reflect.

You won't be getting passive-aggressive comments or unwanted touches from him. He gives you the guest room until you're ready to start a conversation about your future together. Melone will care for the child on his own and keep them out of your way as best he can as usual. The only time you'd be asked to be around the child is during meals. That's only so Melone can be sure you're still eating well while you isolate yourself from them.

Hopefully, you'll come to terms with the situation and try to have a somewhat decent relationship. If you decide to pick up where you left off he'd go ahead and medicate you. It sucks having your emotions manipulated with drugs but it's better than fighting you for the rest of his life. Having a family together he can't afford to keep this up. Besides, you'll be happier this way too.