Chapter 100- Doctors Appointment

((EDITED 12/16/22))

Tom POV

-
-
I was sitting on the couch in the living room. Allison was beside me. I put my arm around her and smiled. She giggled and rested her head onto me. "Tom?" She mumbled. I looked to her. "Yes Aly?" I asked. She smiled. "We should ask Henry if he would set up that doctors appointment." She said. I sighed and nodded. "We probably should...do you think we'll know the gender this visit?" I asked. She shrugged. "Possibly...I've never had a child before, I'm not really sure it works...but we'll find out!"

I nodded and pat her back. "Okay, honey. Let me get up so I can go ask him." I mumbled. Allison nodded and let me up. I sighed and walked over to Henry's room. I laid a soft knock on the door. "Come in!" Said, Henry. I opened the door and walked in, closing it behind me. "Yes, Tom?" He asked. I sighed. "I- Uhm- have a question." I mumbled. Henry looked at me in acknowledgment. "Yes?"

"Well...me and Allison were wondering if you would...set up a doctors to check up the baby?" I asked. Henry smiled and nodded. "Of course! I'll get you an appointment for today!" He said. I tilted my head. "Wait- how are you making it so quick-"

"I have my ways." Henry said, making the appointment on his phone. "The appointment is at 3:00PM. I'll drive you there when it's time." Henry said. I smiled and nodded. "Thank you, Hen." I said. He smiled and nodded. "Of course!"

-At 2:30PM-

I had just finished getting dressed, as well with, Allison. I grabbed my phone and wallet. She grabbed her purse with her stuff in it. I smiled and walked out to the living room with her behind me. Henry was already waiting at the door. "I'll go start the car." He said before walking out of the house. I smiled and nodded.

-At The Doctors-

We waited in the waiting room for the doctor. Allison was anxious. "You good?" I asked. She shrugged. "I've just...never done this before...it's new..." She mumbled. I sighed and smiled, putting my arm around her. She smiled and held my hand. "Thanks, Tom..." She mumbled, smiling. "You're welcome..."

Suddenly the doctor walked out. "Allison?" They called. Allison sighed and stood up, me doing the same. We grabbed our stuff and followed the doctor to the room. "Lay down on this bed please." The doctor said. Allison nodded and laid down on the bed. I sat in the chair and watched. The doctor then proceeded to do the ultrasound.

"The baby is nice and healthy!" The doctor said. I smiled and so did, Allison. "Can we uhhh, tell the gender yet?" Allison asked. The doctor looked at the screen and nodded. "Do you want me to tell you, or write a note for you to give someone? Like to have a gender reveal?" They asked. Me and Allison looked at each other, then back at the doctor. "Write down a note, it'll be fun to have a gender reveal." Allison said. The doctor nodded and did as told, giving me the note. I smiled and took it.

-After They Were Discharged (There In The Car, On Their Way Home Now!)-

Allison had fallen asleep in the backseat, next to me. I smiled and placed my arm around her. "Soooo, did you find out the gender?" Henry asked. I shook my head. "We don't know it, they wrote down a note so we can do a gender reveal." I explained. Henry nodded. "Got it."