Solitude

Raindrops were dripping down the windows of past. The memory lane was flooded.

So were his eyes. Ram was standing near the windows feeling the rain. It was his sister's engagement party. Shivi's engagement party- such a happy occasion for him. But eyes drifted towards Vedika & Shashi again and again. Vedika- the lost love of his. After vedika could Ram ever think of another woman?- Ram tries to think. A "no" echoes in each corner of his heart- never. How could he? He couldn't find anyone as graceful, as dreamy as Vedika. Vedu- that's the name by which Ram used to call her. His Vedu became someone else's leaving him all alone. The void that was created by her will it ever disappear? Ram didn't want it to disappear. This void & vedu's memories were the only remnant of her. Ram liked to remember these. He has to remember these as he has promised vedu eternal love from his side. A lone tear drops from his eye.

A lone tear dropped on the railing of the balcony. Priya looked at it. A teardrop fell from her eye. Why?- she asks herself. "I am strong. I am fine. I am NOT crying at all."- she keeps telling herself, "Why should I cry anyway? Just because a man told me some bitter words? That man who happens to be my biological father? Father? This word doesn't suit him at all. And tears don't suit me." Priya wipes her eyes. Once again puts up a rude facade. Once again she runs away from her feelings. There's nothing to be sad about. This world lives for itself. Mahendra is not out of this world. Priya tells herself, "Everybody lives for themselves. There's no person who does anything without any selfish reason. Mahendra Sood is no different. Neither is Maitri nor Neeraj. Nobody is different. It's the world. The world runs this way." A voice from inside screams, "So, why can't you be selfish for a while?" Priya becomes speechless for a moment. Then she replies, "Even I am selfish." That voice asks again, "Ok, so what selfish act have you done?" Priya tries to give a fitting reply, but she can't find anything. So, she shuts down the voice inside and starts doing the chores. How unorganized is everyone in her family! She starts scolding Akki & Sandy, "Can't you do one thing properly? Why do you leave everything for maa to do?"