Start of a Friendship

Shivi and Akki get engaged with the blessing of their elders and the good wishes of friends. 

Everyone is enjoying themselves. People are eating and gossiping. While Priya is standing in a corner. Ram finishes his work and joins his gang. 

Ram- I'm so tired, Adi.

Adi- You stay here. I'm bringing a plate for you. 

Ram- Please bring two plates, Adi. 

Bri- Wow! Really hungry, huh? 

Ram- No, the other one is for Priya. She hasn't eaten yet. 

Kunal- How do you know that? 

Ram- I haven't seen her eating. 

Adi- You were so busy. She must have eaten. 

Ram- No she hasn't. I was watching her. 

Adi, Bri, and Kunal look at Ram with their jaw dropped. 

Bri- Umm, Adi, go bring two plates. 

Adi- Ha?? Ha. I'm bringing. 

Ram- Don't bring the paneer for her. She's allergic to that. 

Kunal- She is? 

Ram- Hmm. 

Bri- Ram, Did Shivi eat? 

Ram- Haa.

Bri- Meera auntie? 

Ram- She's eating. 

Bri- Nandini auntie, Shubhu? 

Ram- Yup, they are. 

Bri- Shashi? 

Ram was working on his phone while talking to Bri. Shashi's mention makes him look toward Bri. Suddenly he realizes he hasn't seen the Babbar couple.

Ram- Wo, Bri, I couldn't find Shashi. Have you guys seen him?

Bri was expecting a different answer. Something like- "I didn't care to look", or "I forgot to check". She shows all of her frustration and disgust on her face. 

Ram- Come on guys. Have you seen them? 

Bri- No. I don't even wish to see them again. 

Bri gets up and goes to Adi. Ram proceeds to assuage her anger. But before he can say anything Bri hands him two plates. 

Bri- Now go and feed your guests. 

Ram hints at Adi to handle the situation and goes to Priya. 

Ram- Here ma'am, Paneer free assortment. Dig in. 

Priya- Why did you bother? I was about to...

Ram- A simple thank you will suffice. 

Priya- Thank you, Mr. Kapoor. 

They both start eating. 

Ram- By the way. May I ask a question? 

Priya- You may. 

Ram- Everyone is gossiping here. Why aren't you joining anyone? 

Priya- I don't gossip. 

Ram- Makes sense. Tum professor ho na tum thodi gossip karogi. 

Priya- Kya matlab?

Ram- Professor thodi gossip karti hain. Wo to bas lecture deti hain.

Priya- Wow. Ye tana tha? 

Ram smirks looking at Priya. 

Priya- Your jokes and taunts are way too unique. They are so bad yet laughable at the same time. 

Ram- Hai na? Nobody else laughs at my jokes and taunts yaar. Only you do. That's why I was proposing to be friends. We will have good laugh. 

Priya smiles at Ram and his silly gesture. 

Ram- So, friends? 

Priya- Ok. 

Ram seals the friendship with a handshake. 

Shashi watches them from afar. He grabs Vedika by her hand and pulls her to a room. He throws Vedika and locks the door. 

Shashi- Did you see? DID YOU SEE THAT? 

Vedika- What? 

Shashi- How Ram was laughing with that girl, Akshay's sister. Ram was about to get married to her no? 

Vedika- So? Why are you angry with me? 

Shashi- Because I can see it. Soon you will have no importance in his life. I can feel it, damn it. We won't be able to exploit him using your past. He won't listen to you anymore. 

Vedika- Nonsense. Ram will always listen to me. You've drunk a bit too much. You are not in your senses. 

Shashi- I am in perfect senses, VEDU. You should open your eyes. And if you can please use that useless brain of yours and do something. Ram is my golden goose. I can't lose him. 

Saying this Shashi storms out of the room. 

Vedika speaks in her mind, "Shashi has gone mad. Ram will never stop loving me. I'll always be in his heart. He won't live his life without remembering me. His love for me is immortal."