Helpless

Shivi's tears infuriated Nandini. 

Nandini- My daughter's life is about to get ruined. What were you doing as her brothers? Were you sleeping? 

She yelled at her sons. After all, it was about the apple of her eye. For Nandini, Shivi was above everything, everyone. 

More than Shubhu, her words were directed toward Ram, who was standing in a corner like a convict, with his head hung low. Priya was standing beside him. She looked at him. He always kept his head high in front of everyone. Only in front of his family, he had to stand like a convict, like a person at their mercy, forgetting his self-worth, and his self-respect. His stance hurt her. 

Mitu joined Nandini too. She started to curse Priya. Priya was ready to listen to her without any protest. But to her astonishment, Ram looked up and spoke. 

Ram- Mami, please, don't drag Priya into this. 

Ram spoke in a pleading tone which melted Priya's heart even more. 

"You won't say a word for yourself. But you still care about my dignity!" Priya thought. 

Ram's attempt to protect Priya infuriated Nandini even more. But she calmed herself and stopped Mitu. 

Nandini- True, we can't drag Priya. She hasn't done anything. But what about my daughter, Priya? Can you tell me, how I'll tolerate her tears? 

Priya- Mom, that girl is trying to frame Akki. 

Mitu- Of course, you'll say that. Isn't he your brother? Of course, you'll take his side. Look, Shivi, no matter how much you care for your Pri di, she'll always choose her own brother over you. 

Shivi stood up and walked to Priya. 

Shivi- Pri di, an envelope came to our house 2 days ago. I asked your brother what that was, he lied to me. He lied to me today again when I asked him where was he going. If he had done nothing wrong, why did he hide all of this from me? 

Priya- He didn't want to bother you Shivi. He told me everything and I am telling you. Don't you trust me? 

Shivi- He should have trusted me, no? He should have discussed it with me if he had done nothing wrong. I'm his wife. Don't I deserve any respect? Doesn't he trust me enough to discuss these things? He must have done something, that's why he kept lying to me. 

Priya- Shivi, it's not how it looks like...

Mitu- This marriage should have never happened. 

Nandini- I told you this before. I told you this. But you two siblings didn't listen to me. Now see the result. 

Shivi ran to her room. Nandini followed her. Everyone went to their room. After everyone had left, Ram went to his and Priya's room. 

Priya followed him. She found him standing near their bed facing the wall. She walked to him and called him. As soon as he heard her voice, he turned to her and took her in a tight hug. Priya was shocked by the hug. She called him by his name, "Ram!"

His name in her voice made him only to tighten the hug.