Put up a fight

Ram dropped Priya at the university and went on an industrial visit. 

Priya had just finished four consecutive classes when she was informed that Mahendra Sood had come to meet her. She prepared herself for a storm and went to meet him in the park, outside the building.

Mahendra- I hope Sara has told you everything.

Priya- Yes. And we have decided to file a case against you if you don't stop threatening us.  

Mahendra- What? 

Priya- I hope you know that blackmailing is illegal. 

Mahendra- Nobody is blackmailing you. I just need my portion of the profit. 

Priya- There isn't anything left for you in the business. Did you forget that we've cleared the loan and the bank handed the bakery to us? And your alimony agreement still has the mention of the house given as alimony.

Mahendra- Achha, so now you will forget all relation. You'll file a case against your father!

Priya- No, I'll file a case against a law offender. 

Mahendra- What a daughter you are! You have absolutely no respect for your father. Such insolent! Your in-laws will hate you too for your insolence. You will never be happy. You'll lose everything for your own character. Your ego is everything to you. You'll do anything to satisfy your ego. 

Priya- Ego? You are taunting me about ego. What about your own ego? Do you think I don't know why you are doing all this? You can't tolerate us, our happiness. You thought if we would kneel before you so that you didn't abandon us. We will beg for our happiness. But we didn't do that. I didn't let anyone do that. I've protected my family from you. That's why your ego was hurt. Now that we are finally happy and stable, your ego has been hurt. And to satisfy your ego you always want to see us helpless, poor, and pitiful. But guess what I won't let that happen. Never. 

Mahendra- You are too proud of yourself, na? Did you forget how ominous you are? No matter how hard you try you will always bring bad luck to your family. You'll never be able to handle your life let alone your family.

Priya- You don't need to worry about me. I will handle myself and my family. And if I can't Mr. Kapoor will be there to help. 

 Mahendra was stunned to hear the name from her. He had never seen her possess such confidence, at least not in someone else. 

Priya didn't give Mahendra another chance to speak. 

Priya- We were never afraid of you. We aren't now. So stay away from me and my family. If you don't, you will regret it. 

Priya left without further ado. Mahendra was fuming in anger. 

This meeting had been seen by Shashi. He immediately went to Mahendra after Priya's departure. 

Shashi- How do you know Ram Kapoor's wife? 

Mahendra- Sir, aap, yaha? How are you, sir? 

Shashi- Ha, ha, wo sab chhodo. Tell me how do you know her? 

Mahendra- That girl? I am her ill-fated father. I don't how did I ever father such an ill-mannered girl. 

Shashi- What? Priya Sood is your daughter?

Mahendra- Ha, sir. Why are you so shocked? 

Shashi- You remember Virendra Kapoor, don't you? Ram Kapoor is his elder son. 

Mahendra couldn't believe his ears. The sudden news hit him like a bolt of lightning, leaving him stunned and speechless. His mind raced as he tried to process what he had just heard. He felt a mix of emotions surging through him - disbelief, anger, and confusion.