A Little Push

Ram puts on his blazer while talking to Adi on phone. Adi is discussing an oversea business deal with him. Shivi enters the room and stands in front of Ram as soon as Ram cuts the call. 

Ram- So early in the morning? 

Shivi- Did you talk to Pri di? 

Ram- You are still stuck on that topic.

Shivi- Of course, I am. Why are you not? 

Ram- Because she said no. And let me remind you, little sister, no means no.

Shivi- What no? Aise kaise no ho gaya? 

Ram- She doesn't like me, yaar. 

Shivi- She also doesn't hate you. Also, Bri told me. Aise nahi hota hain. After proposal you should go for at least 4-5 dates before deciding. Aise kaise do baar mile aur decide kar liye. 

Ram- Ok, ok Dadi amma. I've done a mistake. But...

Shivi- No ifs and buts. I insist. Go on dates. Then I'll accept your no. 

Ram- I've not said no. Priya se jaake bol. 

Shivi- Vai, I am getting tensed. Please.

Ram- I can't do it. I can't ask Priya to go on dates. 

Bri- Why not? 

Ram looks at the door where Bri was standing. 

Ram- Et tu, Bri-te? 

Bri- Yeah, Shivi and I've joined hands. 

Ram- O meri beheno, samjha karo. If I ask her on a date then she'll kill me. Forgive me. 

Ram runs away from them. Both of them follow Ram trying to convince him while walking down the stairs.

Nandini was having her breakfast at the table. She looks at them with a frown. All three of them sit at the dining table. 

Nandini- What happened to you? Why are you pestering Ram? 

Shivi- Mom, you should convince vai. He always listens to you. 

Nandini- What happened? 

Bri- We are trying to send him on a date. 

Shivi- It is high time he moved on with life, no mom? Even mom is worried about you vai.

Nandini puts a fake smile on her face. Honestly, she'd be happy if Ram decides to stay a bachelor forever. 

Shivi- And vai isn't going to find a girl better than Pri di. 

Nandini- P... Priya. 

Shivi- Yeah, mom. The girl you chose for vai. She's the best. 

Nandini mutters, "Yeah, I chose."

Bri- Shouldn't they go on dates, auntie, before deciding anything about the marriage?

Nandini- Of course... But didn't she reject the proposal?

Shivi- That's because they had gone on one date only. Don't people need more time to know each other? 

Nandini- Yeah, but why push them? 

Bri- Because they are not doing anything. They are not putting in any effort. And I am worried that Ram will remain a bachelor forever. 

Shivi- Yeah me too. And Pri di will do the same thing. Mom, say something, na. 

Nandini- Shivi, it's marriage. People should have the freedom to decide for themselves. 

Shivi- But you always try to convince Shubhu to marry. 

Ram was concentrating on his croissant up until now. But suddenly Shivi's voice makes him think, "Because he is your own, mom. I am not." He shrugs the thought and speaks up. 

Ram- Enough of this discussion. I am going to the office now. Bye mom, Bye Shivi. Bri, let's go. 

Shivi- Vai... Just a few dates, please. 

Ram- Yeah, yeah. 

Ram leaves the house with Bri, while she keeps pestering him. On the whole trip to the office, Bri keeps pestering him. Reaching the office, he straight joins a meeting. Bri stands outside with Adi. 

Bri- Kya karoon inn dono ka? 

Adi- We can't do anything, baby. As far as I know Ram, apart from the love he has for Vedika another thing is stopping him from marriage. Naive anger tinted with sadness. He isn't angry with his family. But somewhere deep in his mind, he expected his family to help him overcome the pain he faced when his first love left him. The child in him always wanted his family to teach him how to move on. As they didn't he just wants to forget that part of life. So, that he can forget another experience where expectation hurt him. 

 Bri- And I think, it's the same case with Priya. These two had to grow up on their own. Say what, should we push them to be together? 

Adi- But we shouldn't interfere in other's relationships. 

Bri- Other?

Adi- Right, it's for my brother. Ok. 

Bri- I love you, baby. 

Adi- But we are not going to push them. We will just mildly intervene sometimes, ok? 

Bri- Okk. 

They hug each other and hope for the best for their brother.