The Accident

Priya drove the car as fast as she could. She started to cry. Her helplessness, her frustration, her disgust- everything flowed with her tears. 

She couldn't find out a single reason why Mahendra would do that. She promised herself that she wouldn't let a scratch on Ram. 

She was trying hard to overtake Mahendra's car, but couldn't. So, she took a different route to overtake his car. Soon she noticed Ram's car. She drove her car in front of Ram's car. Ram noticed her and moved to a different lane. But Mahendra didn't stop. By then his mind was completely plagued by inhumane darkness. The homicidal thoughts had sent him into a frenzy. Priya's face wasn't visible to him. He just saw his plan being failed as Ram's car moved to a different lane and another came in front of him. It agitated him more. Without thinking twice he crashed Priya's car and drove away. 

Everything happened in a split second. Ram was shocked by the sight. He quickly got out of his car and ran towards the place where Priya's car crashed. He couldn't see anything in the pitch black dark. He took his phone and turned on the flashlight and saw the car on a steep slope. He called her name. Priya didn't reply. His heart sank. 

Ram climbed down the slope and started to search for Priya. He went near the car and found its door open. He looked around and suddenly found Priya. She was lying on the ground. 

Ram ran to her. He cradled her head gently in his hands, his fingers delicately brushing against her cheek. The sight of her unresponsive form broke his heart, and a profound sense of helplessness engulfed him. In that moment, all he wanted was to see her eyes open and her warm smile gracing her face once more.

He called her by her name.

Ram- Priya... Priya. Open your eyes. Priya... Is anyone there? Priya... I am with you. Nothing will happen to you. Please open your eyes!

Priya didn't respond. Ram freaked out. Frantically, he searched for fatal injuries, his fingers trembling as they traced over her body. His voice quivered as he whispers her name, his voice cracking with emotion. He pressed over her wounds to stop the bleeding. He searched for her pulse but couldn't find one. His world shattered at that moment. 

Ram- No no no, you can't leave me. You can't. I can't lose you. I love you. 

Ram screamed. His scream echoed his pain, his fear, his frustration. Ram hugged her tightly, kissing her forehead. 

In his embrace, Priya winced in pain

In his embrace, Priya winced in pain. Ram felt her movement. He gently cradled her head and called her again. This time Priya gave a faint response. Ram saw a glimpse of hope. He caressed her head. 

Ram- Priya, you are ok. We are ok. Nothing will happen to you. I won't let anything happen to you. I'll never let you go. Maine tum se wada kya tha na? Phere lete huyein? I'll never let you go. Keep your eyes open. I am getting help. 

Ram was thinking of a way to climb up the steep when he heard Adi and Kunal's voices. Ram responded to their call. Adi and Kunal saw both of them. They helped Ram to climb up the steep with Priya. 

Ram cradled Priya and took her to the car. Adi started the car and Kunal called the hospital. 

Ram kept talking to Priya to keep her conscious. She was bleeding from her head. Ram cradled her head and applied gentle pressure on the wound. Kunal informed Bri. Bri and Vikrant informed the families and headed to the hospital. 

Adi quickly arrived at the nearest hospital. Ram kept holding Priya's hand as the doctors took her to the emergency room. The doctors informed him that they need to operate on her as soon as possible. He signed the forms. He walked with her as far as possible. When he had to leave her, he placed a kiss on her hand and let the doctors take her. 

Ram waited outside with bated breath. He remembered the day when he had to bear his father's death news, his mother's death news. He didn't have the heart to bear the death news of another loved one. More than that he was not ready to see a world where Priya didn't exist. 

His heart raced with a mixture of fear, worry, and hope. Every passing second felt like an eternity as he clung to the slender thread of optimism, desperately seeking reassurance.

His eyes fixated on the closed doors as if willing to open and reveal the answers he seeks. Every muffled sound from beyond the threshold intensified his anticipation, causing his palms to grow damp with perspiration.

Time seems suspended, caught between the torturous pull of anxiety and the faint glimmer of hope. The sterile hospital corridor became a silent battlefield, where he fought with his fears, attempting to stay strong for her.

Everyone arrived at the clinic. Meera ran to Ram. 

Meera- How is Priya? 

Ram- She is in the OT.

Meera- How are you, Ram?

Ram- ...Priya is not ok. How can I be ok, Meera maa? 

Those words, once uttered, broke Ram's facade of being strong. Both of them started crying. 

Nandini dreaded the scene in front of her

Nandini dreaded the scene in front of her. Her deepest fear stood in front of her. She understood that slowly Meera was taking the place of a mother figure in Ram's life. 

Nandini ran toward them and detached Ram from Meera. She started to pacify Ram. Ram's friends were around him. She told them to take Ram to a nurse to take care of his cuts and scratches. She consoled Meera too. 

With a bated breath, Nandini observed Ram. Ram was devastated. He was looking restless. His friends were trying their best to calm him down but they failed to do so. Ram's concern, his anxiety, and his behavior- made it obvious to Nandini that Ram had fallen in love with Priya. Nandini closed her eyes with a feeling of defeat. She wanted to throw Priya out of Ram's life, but only after the accident, she understood that Priya had become Ram's life.