Engaged

Ram entered his room thinking about Shubhu's behavior. 

"Shubhu's feeling insecure about Priya. But why? Just because she is from a different background? Mom shouldn't have supported him. Shubhu is a kid. But mom knows that we weren't always rich. After dad's death... After dad's death, we faced hardship. Mom saw that. But mom didn't witness dad's initial struggle. Maa saw that. Dad and maa struggled a lot to make this business stand. When mom came into our life we were an upper-middle-class family. Shubhu and Shivi never really faced poverty. I should talk to Shubhu once he is calm. He can't say these things to Priya. Priya fears hearing these exact words from society. If she has to hear them in the home... No, I can't let that happen. After all, we are going to be bound together by holy matrimony. As her husband, it is my duty to protect her. Priya is self-sufficient and independent. She won't be needing me much. This is the least I can do for her. I'll protect her honor." 

.
.
.

Both families decide that Ram and Priya's wedding will be before Shivi and Akki's. Shivi persuaded all to decide so. So that, Akki can fulfill his promise. Akki looks at Shivi with love. Shivi was sitting near his. He whispers into her ear, 

"I didn't know I am going to be so lucky to have you."

Shivi smiles with a blush adorning her face. 

Shivi- But but but, my sangeet will be before their marriage. Because I've already bought the lehenga and I just can't wait to wear it. 

Everybody laughs at her cuteness. 

Akki- Ok baby, your wish is my command. 

Ram- Let's arrange the engagement before Shivi's sangeet. Phir mere sangeet tere sangeet pe daal denge. Ok? 

Shivi-OK! Deal! I'm so happy. This is going to be so much fun. By the way, I want you two in color-coordinated attire. 

Priya- What's the need for that? 

Shivi- Aesthetic, Pri di. It's gonna be a treat for my eye. Please, please, mere liye, please. 

 Priya fails to deny Shivi's request. 

Priya- Umm... Ok. 

Shivi- Love you, Pri di. 

Bri- And I love you Shivi. We already arranged attires for them. But didn't have the courage to mention it. It's your favorite color, Shivi- midnight blue.

Shivi- Wow!! Thank you so much, Bri. I'm so excited about this. 

Shivi squeals in joy. 

After deciding the wedding dates, when everyone was having sweets and snacks Ram walked to Priya. 

Ram- Hi.

Priya- We met 2 hours ago, Mr. Kapoor. 

Ram- Ha but... I had welcome you with namaste 2 hours ago. So, I thought I should say hi now. 

Priya- [frowning] Ok. That doesn't make any sense but hi. 

Ram gives a smile. 

Ram- By the way, I know you don't want a lavish wedding, but in excitement, I proposed that combined sangeet. I am sorry. Will that bother you? 

Priya- No, it's ok. I mean also must have some thought something about your wedding.

Ram- That I had. I had so many plans, so many ideas about our wedding.

Priya- Oo. You really planned our wedding. Am I ruining it all? 

Ram- No, not about our... By "our" I meant... I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that. I am really sorry.